What's new

One for the Cherry lovers

MarylinC37

Achiever
This is one for the cherry lovers out there. I thought I’d pop it in Mixology rather than Reviews as I’m not and don’t want to be a ‘Reviewer’. It’s just my personal thoughts.

Before Xmas I treated myself to a few guest ready-mades, one of which was a cherry cream soda which instantly shot straight to the top of my favourites list so, of course, I had to make my own version.

I found a DIY recipe online and bought 10ml bottles of all the ingredients from Vapable including 4 different cherry flavours and mixed up a little batch. I found the first batch had a bit of an unpleasant tang so I decided to test out the 4 cherry flavours by doing a little finger test putting a spot of each on my finger to taste. The one which was easily the best was Cherry (Wild) by Capella.

I also added a bit of sherbet base to give it more fizz and second time around it came out absolutely brilliantly.

I’m quite confident none of the other cherry flavours would have worked anywhere near as well as this Cherry (Wild). It has no unpleasant chemical taste. It’s just a nice, strong gorgeous cherry that I think will work well in any cherry based recipes.

As for my cream soda recipe, I’m actually vaping it DTL on a Dead Rabbit 3 RDA but I think it would also work really well as a MTL vape so if anyone fancies trying it I’m happy to post my recipe.

This is one for the cherry lovers out there. I thought I’d pop it in Mixology rather than Reviews as I’m not and don’t want to be a ‘Reviewer’. It’s just my personal thoughts.

Before Xmas I treated myself to a few guest ready-mades, one of which was a cherry cream soda which instantly shot straight to the top of my favourites list so, of course, I had to make my own version.

I found a DIY recipe online and bought 10ml bottles of all the ingredients from Vapable including 4 different cherry flavours and mixed up a little batch. I found the first batch had a bit of an unpleasant tang so I decided to test out the 4 cherry flavours by doing a little finger test putting a spot of each on my finger to taste. The one which was easily the best was Cherry (Wild) by Capella.

I also added a bit of sherbet base to give it more fizz and second time around it came out absolutely brilliantly.

I’m quite confident none of the other cherry flavours would have worked anywhere near as well as this Cherry (Wild). It has no unpleasant chemical taste. It’s just a nice, strong gorgeous cherry that I think will work well in any cherry based recipes.

As for my cream soda recipe, I’m actually vaping it DTL on a Dead Rabbit 3 RDA but I think it would also work really well as a MTL vape so if anyone fancies trying it I’m happy to post my recipe.

How much of the cherry did you use in the mix? I'm trying to make a cherry juice just now for a friend and looking for a good one.

How much of the cherry did you use in the mix? I'm trying to make a cherry juice just now for a friend and looking for a good one.

I have to admit I'm a bit of a flavour chaser so I tend to use much bigger percentages than many other people might choose. My current mix has 10% Cherry Wild which I think is about as heavy handed as most people would want to go. The original recipe I used as a template had two different cherry flavours which together made up about 5% of the recipe.

I have to admit I'm a bit of a flavour chaser so I tend to use much bigger percentages than many other people might choose. My current mix has 10% Cherry Wild which I think is about as heavy handed as most people would want to go. The original recipe I used as a template had two different cherry flavours which together made up about 5% of the recipe.

No, I'm with you on the heavier use. Higher sounds perfect as I want it to be the leading flavour, along with some raspberry. Thanks very much for the tip. I'll go order some now.

No, I'm with you on the heavier use. Higher sounds perfect as I want it to be the leading flavour, along with some raspberry. Thanks very much for the tip. I'll go order some now.

:yourewelcome: Glad to help.

Rarely use cherry juice except for a single cherry Bakewell flavour, but it does sound a good recipe.

Here is my Cherry Cream Soda recipe then if anyone wants to try it.

Cherry (Wild) - Capella ... 10%
Cream Soda - TFA ... 7.5%
Sherbet Base - Vapable ... 2%
Cotton Candy - TFA ... 2%
MTS Vape Wizard - Arte Italiano ... 1%
WS23 - Vapable ... 0.9%
Super Sweet- Capella ... 0.5%

People can set their own VG/PG ratio and Nic level or play around with the percentages to suit their own preferences. I prefer to go more heavy handed with my flavour percentages but obviously people can make their own adjustments as they see fit.

Back
Top Bottom