What's new

Random emails for other people

I received five separate emails . One was intended for me , I am only presuming the others are competition winners from January .
I ain't Sherlock but I know this ain't right !

= Deduction.

There wouldn't be any other reason to receive them otherwise, outside of having ordered something.

I'm not being difficult. I didn't realise they were in relation to a comp win. I've received an email in the past, completely out of the blue, with some extremely sensitive data on it. It happens. It's not acceptable but it happens. That's why I asked.

I'm not being difficult. I didn't realise they were in relation to a comp win. I've received an email in the past, completely out of the blue, with some extremely sensitive data on it. It happens. It's not acceptable but it happens. That's why I asked.

Not for gearbest I must add

From what I gather he received an email intended for me - end of.
What you are engaging in there is purely conjecture.
He is sending this to me anyway.

This is a serious matter, and I’m taking it seriously.

I’m not sure there’s much you can do about it.

I never dealt with gear best . Won a competition and was notified on 15th of Jan . It's now 2nd of march , I have no prize and emails for other people . I would hazard a guess they ain't much cop

Yeah along with a vandy vape bf kit , which if it ever turns up will be sold and the money going to the air ambulance .

@gearbest.com

Please sort this out and report the data breaches to whoever handles them at your company.

I am aware you have a cybersecurity law which came in last year which you have now fallen foul of.

As you will be aware you cannot disclose another persons data without their consent, unless in certain circumstances it can be disclosed without consent, which I highly doubt this would be one of them!

Can you provide a full and detailed response as to how this happened and to provide reasurance this will NEVER happen again.

= @vapemac - you misunderstand me there. I was not inferring at all that you were being difficult. No issue at all.

@Miss Pepper thank you for time in addressing this. That is exactly what I refer to.

Back
Top Bottom