What's new

Random emails for other people

I now have the email Ste recieved and it discloses my full name / home address and phone no.

It seems this occurred also with 4 other people including him.

Yep, I’m not sure anything can happen to a company in China though. Although it can’t be very good for their reputation with folks on here who use them.

It will apply to all companies worldwide that process eu customer data

Now this is quite something also...

Quote: " dispatch confirmation: 2018-03-02 15:45:21 " (ie. Today).

This whole oddysey started on: 16 January 2018 07:04:11 GMT

Now I have shown one of those who the email was intended for I am now going to delete the emails . It was not right they where sent to me nor is it right I keep them .

It will apply to all companies worldwide that process eu customer data

I think enforcement will be difficult maybe. No one really knows how it’s going to affect any companies yet. The wording is so vague in some cases. My guess is there’s going to be some high profile court cases in the later half of this year before precedent is set.

I think enforcement will be difficult maybe. No one really knows how it’s going to affect any companies yet. The wording is so vague in some cases. My guess is there’s going to be some high profile court cases in the later half of this year before precedent is set.

Why will it be difficult to enforce? For example, in this case, its such a blatant breach that gearbest would have no come back.

Why will it be difficult to enforce? For example, in this case, its such a blatant breach that gearbest would have no come back.

Sorry I was talking generally because of the vagueness of a lot of aspects of the regulations rather than in this specific case.

Although in this case I don’t really see how the EU will be practically able to enforce fines on a Chinese company. But I’m not a lawyer [emoji846]

Back
Top Bottom