What's new

re: change of postage rules for uk.

mich

Initiate
So how are vendors going to send e-juice in the post when the new postage rules come into play in the next few weeks. As the items will havd nicotine in thrm and therefore come under toxic liquids, which will become prohibited to send. Waiting in anticipation. On tender hooks . :-{

I've had a look at the link, I also work for the post office, as far as we are concerned it has nicotine in, so it comes under toxic item, and therefore not prohibited through royal mail post, the juice bottles themselves have the toxic sign on them, just wondering how vendors are going to get round this.

I've had a look at the link, I also work for the post office, as far as we are concerned it has nicotine in, so it comes under toxic item, and therefore not prohibited through royal mail post, the juice bottles themselves have the toxic sign on them, just wondering how vendors are going to get round this.

Don't you mean permitted?

Just as cheap to send by courier for anything other than small letters now, though I'm not sure what their stance on transporting eliquid is, probs the same as RM. was the sending of eliquid ever allowed? Being a poison, if so, I'm sure a Jiffy bag isn't the correct way to send?!?

the Royal Mail have priced themselves out of the market for parcels, I sell in volume on ebay and rarely use the RM anymore as they're so expensive compared to Hermes, collect plus etc. which is a pity as I'd prefer to spend my money in the local, family run post office.

edit, am I being thick, I can't see where it says they'll be prohibited?
On the plus side, if the MHRA get their way, they'll be allowed to be sent as prescripted medicines!!!

Last edited:
they will only know if you tell them basically so one way around it is just not say simple as that

Also li-ion batteries cannot be sent in the post but it's not stopped people from sending or receiving them as far as I know.

Hi All,
I am a vendor with both retail outlets and an online shop based in Berkshire. I contacted Royal Mail directly and they informed me that I would not be allowed to send e-liquid using thier services as they are classed as dangerous goods. I was also told that if I send them I will be heavily fined and prosecuted. I will now be starting to use a courier as from next week for all of my eliquid orders. My other items can still be sent via Royal Mail but my batteries have to be packaged and labelled to reflect their contents.

Back
Top Bottom