What's new

How To re-wick and re-coil a Vision

Hi Robzki, you shouldn't need so many coils with the 0.2 wire. Might have a go at a single coil later :) one of the clearo tubes has sprung a leak around the bottom where the plastic meets the metal. Might try smearing some super glue around it.

Thanks Jim, appreciate your advice. On ukv they are all experts........ :) I just want a simple explanation on how many coils of what wire on what size wick as a starting point. I know it is all subjective but as I don't know whether I want high or low ohms I just need somewhere to start. I have been putting between 4 and 6coils of 016-0.20 on 2 or 3 mm wick and feel like I'm missing out on the quality of the coils on the drippers when they are delivered.

for instance..... I have 1 2and 3mm silica and 0.16, 0.18, 0.20 and 32g wire, what would be good combinations in a Phoenix SS, vision as in this post, and an eternity due through the door soon. I confuse myself sometimes :)

not sure super glue is good for vaping..... :)

I have used 2 x 2mm in my vision, think maybe 1 x 2mm and 1 x 1mm might be better. Better air flow. Found some pics of the Phoenix and looks like 2 x 2mm or 2 x 3mm wicks, hard to tell. That's what i want really or something similar. Heres the pic

DiscountVapers_Pheonix_Clone_3__65767.1345152755.1280.1280.jpg

I measure the resistance of the wire before i coil it. If to high cut a piece off and measure it again. Then wind the coil until it fits in the correct position. Guessing it will be easier with the Phoenix :)

Robzki, not sure if the super glue would get into the tank, just around the metal/plastic chrome trim at the bottom. Thought I'd found the problem, thought one of the wicks was caught in the thread. Still leaking though, super glue it is gonna be :)

Glad to be of some use. Had a look at the clearo, Knackered! Tried taking the chrome sleeve off and found the smoked plastic to be cracked just under the chrome. Not going to risk it with the super glue so down to one vision. Must get another tank/rebuildable atty on order when I can convince the wife :(

Re: How to re-wick and re-coil a Vision

Just ordered a vivi nova 2.8ml an ego adaptor and some amaretto juice, running low. Hopefully should all be here Saturday :)

Last night I thought I'd clean my clearos, hateful things but thought I'd do it anyway. Water was a little hot I think as now I have some very clean metalwork and 2 interesting lumps of plastic. I dislike them and will never buy them again but it's not stopping me searching for suitable sized syringes to make a couple of tanks :D

Back
Top Bottom