What's new

Replacement for Smok Alien...?

My advice would be to shop for specification then look for respected mods that suit your specification. For example if you mainly use single coil atties you may favour a single cell mod, or if you use dual coil tanks or are not bothered about weight then you may favour a dual cell mod. all of the above mentioned mods are decent enough but there are literally shedsfull of decent mods about atm.

I had an alien and it lasted for years - paint intact and everything. I think that was a one off though... everything else I've had from smok since has been a steaming pile. Cracked plastic, broken hinges, paint peeling, the works.

The Gen is a great choice for a 2 battery mod. It's cheap, but it's a good quality device and feels nice to hold.

If you MTL and can get away with a 1 battery mod, you could try something from innokin (z80?) or aspire (tend to be decent in general, can't recommend a specific device).

If you want something lightweight, I’d suggest the Vaporesso Gen 200. For more durability as others have mentioned, go with the Aegis L200.

I have have had the og geekvape l200 and that has done be proud, still works and all in one piece. I have recently bought the smok t-storm as a back up dual 18650 mod. And that seems a solid little device. I have other dual battery box mods. But there all a bit chunky to be carrying around for every day use.

smok went downhill on their quality control around 4-5 years ago when they started flooding the market with a different kit every week.
now saying that i have 2 aliens ive not used for around 3 years as i have much better kits to use. the paint on mine have all flaked off but apart from that they still work but personally i would never buy anything smok ever again.

im guessing using an alien you direct to lung vape at higher wattage so you wont go far wrong from looking at this kit https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-kits/vaporesso/vaporesso-gen-200-vape-kit
its cheap as they now have a newer version 2 out which i believe only the tank has changed.
the i tank which comes with this kit was my tank of the year 2022 and i think a lot on here would agree with me on that.
Ive got 2 of the older kits which i still use daily along with geekvape legend and if you happy still using your old tank then these kits are built like tanks https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-mods/geekvape/geekvape-aegis-legend-2-l200-vape-mod

Thanks for the recommendation of the Ageis Legend 2. A little research and as you say, a very reliable unit. Just purchased from the link you provided :) Hopefully it'll provide a decent length of service.

Thanks for the recommendation of the Ageis Legend 2. A little research and as you say, a very reliable unit. Just purchased from the link you provided :) Hopefully it'll provide a decent length of service.
You won't go wrong with the legend mate. It's near on indestructible.

nice one. did you just buy the mod or go for the kit with the zeus tank.
also ordering from vape club it normally arrives within a day for me anyway.

ive just spent £150 on the new gen 200 with itank 2 and 8 boxes of coils for the itank 2 and the zeus.
quick tip for anyone else concerning the zeus coils. Legion of vapes is the only place to have the new 0.15 XM coils and they are the bollox and have lasted me over double the time the standard z coils do.

the L200 is the second from left.

Compress_20230802_224835_5130.jpg

Last edited:

ive just spent £150 on the new gen 200 with itank 2 and 8 boxes of coils for the itank 2 and the zeus.
quick tip for anyone else concerning the zeus coils. Legion of vapes is the only place to have the new 0.15 XM coils and they are the bollox and have lasted me over double the time the standard z coils do.
The only stock coils I use are vaporesso euc ceramic coils 0.30 and 0.50. I always found it hard to find a decent stock coil. But now you have said that I may have to get the zues tank and give them a go. I mainly do rebuildables now days.

soz, im tired. i mentioned the L200 above by mistake.just checked the link again and it is the ruddy l200.

So L200 is silver second on left.
the original legend are the green and blue one. had over 2 years and not a scratch on them.

The zeus is top airflow so never leaks. The zeus is on the blue legend.

Ive never built as blind in one eye and arthritic hands so id only stab myself if i tried.

ive never used ceramic as there was a lot of scare stories back in the day so most of us stayed clear of them.

Last edited:

the L200 is the second from left.

View attachment 328342

Just the mod only. I have several tanks anyway and so it seemed the better option to buy without.

The L200 arrived the other day. I have to say I'm rather pleased with the design and materials used, it appears to be a good recommendation :)

Back
Top Bottom