What's new

rethinking flavour

that's either just semantics or they are just using 'sweetener' to mean 'sucralose'

..how do you make a flavour like Marshmallow without putting sweet tasting artificial compounds in it? ... and what are they if they aren't 'artifical sweeteners' ?

I think it's all bollocks, to be honest. :D
^^ I'm with this guy. All the flavours are artifical anyway (....aren't they....?!?!). So anything that gives you a sweet flavour is by definition an artifical sweetener. It's not like my toffee vape has any toffee in it.

Isn't avoiding sweeteners like making a dessert with chocolate, marshmallow, toffee and biscuits, and then feeling pleased with yourself because you didn't add any sugar?

They are sweet because they have sweetener in, what do you think makes a caramel flavour taste sweet? ... sweeteners.

If you use 4 or 5 sweet flavourings in a recipe then there's a ton of sweeteners in the liquid. ... probably more or as much using 4 or 5 non-sweet flavours and then adding 0.5% of separate sweeteners. There's no difference.

I think you are just fooling yourself that it's something different.
What is they?

Why all the fuss about sweeteners? Is it some sort of pissing contest, who can make a blend without using the stuff? A juice unpalatable by being too sweet, or not sweet enough, is merely that - unpalatable. Do what you need to do, to make that juice tasty, end of.

Why all the fuss about sweeteners? Is it some sort of pissing contest, who can make a blend without using the stuff? A juice unpalatable by being too sweet, or not sweet enough, is merely that - unpalatable. Do what you need to do, to make that juice tasty, end of.
Read into it what you will!
If you're upset with the line of conversation opt out.

Yes and isn't this where the whole mixing problem/experience/skill set lays?
Flavours don't need to be sweet as such just true to form.
If i found a flavour like chocolate for instance that was described as milly/creamy/dark/indulgent with the right amount of sweetness I'd probably cream my pants if i was looking for just that but who wants to vape just that?
I hear what you are saying - what I’m saying is a lot of the time the extra sweetener people are putting in - I don’t think it’s needed.

a lot of the vape community have been trained to lime things over sweet ( I put it down to the explosion of high VG US and Malaysian style juices a few years ago )

nope, it needs to use half a percent of flavouring and be dry as a nun's chuff.

You've edited and i agree with the edit and wish i had the same amount of sway.
It’s not sway - they will do it for anyone

mid you want to buy 5ltrs of a given concentrate ... that’s the trade off

I have a black pepper flavouring I use at exactly 1% in a liquid 3ltrs of which is about to go out of date.

They are sweet because they have sweetener in, what do you think makes a caramel flavour taste sweet? ... sweeteners.

If you use 4 or 5 sweet flavourings in a recipe then there's a ton of sweeteners in the liquid. ... probably more or as much using 4 or 5 non-sweet flavours and then adding 0.5% of separate sweeteners. There's no difference.

I think you are just fooling yourself that it's something different.

This is exactly right

the thing is most flavourings do contain sweeteners - even ones you wouldn’t think would.

Back
Top Bottom