What's new

Second national lockdown threat

If we locked the youngsters up, us "oldies" would have no problem [emoji23]

A lot of youngsters are locked up with us oldies anyway (but not in my case), because they live at home, so this extra shielding thing is bollox, it's a smoke screen to divert attention away from the current problems within Government and the Tory party itself. The youngsters don't have the disposable income to keep the economy going, and people have to work until they're semi ancient these days, nothing adds up. I was ok at the start and throughout the lockdown, I have unfortunately become right peed off and seem to be in a permanent state of lowness and frustration, as I dare say is most of the population?

I have a pre-prepared list of everyone I'd lock up when I assume power - I'm happy to share it with the government as there's probably quite a few overlaps. I'd post it here but it currently runs to seventeen thousand pages of names.

I have a pre-prepared list of everyone I'd lock up when I assume power - I'm happy to share it with the government as there's probably quite a few overlaps. I'd post it here but it currently runs to seventeen thousand pages of names.
Only seventeen thousand !! Come on, I thought better of you than that [emoji38]
I've got a book for when ww3/civil unrest starts but it's not for locking people up [emoji6]

117073305_2669343519970358_8008277609627804136_o.jpg

I personally think they should lock up the under 40's instead. From what I see there are more of them being irresponsible, and not doing as they're told than my age group. I get that I may be more susceptible to dying of it cos I'm an old feker, but I'm also taking a lot more precautions to not get it, without becoming housebound.

Top ape with the right idea. It is the under forties causing all the transmissions. protesting, ignoring rules etc etc. Why because they have never been disciplined, parents couldn't tan arses and schools couldn't give them a caining, so now they think they can break rules with no concequences. It might also be that sportswear is causing people emotional distress, after all most under 40's only wear brand named goods. but in truth that shows they are all being programmed by the media and act accordingly.
It's not just a UK problem, there was a hotel reopening party at a Maltese hotel, now there are lots of new cases, all from the party, obviously some tourists have caused this and the older generations in Malta/Gozo are saying the same thing. It is the under 40's wo break the rules.I am glad i'm 50 next year i would hate to be alive in another 30 years time. Mind you by then it could be there are no rules anymore and its every man woman or collaboration to fend for themselves. Especially once money becomes obsolite.

The second wave is a key feature of pandemic models, it's a certainty. The government told us we were well prepared and we weren't, they promised a world class track and trace system and didn't deliver. We now have a government focusing on everything else except the second lockdown that'll be the only way to survive it. The economy is more important to them than lives when they play with numbers. As with the first wave it's about who they're prepared to throw under the bus. Is it you and yours this time?

I'm searching for reasons to be optimistic about how the govenment handles it and not finding much. I'm searching for reasons to believe that the general population will think and behave appropriately and not finding much. When there's so much shit spiralling out of control, better to control whatever it is you can control.

It might be consoling to blame other age groups or other parts of society for being "the problem" but it might be more constructive to get your own family, the young, the old, the more and the less vulnerable, through the next phase. Their lives should mean more to you than anything or anyone else.

The second wave is a key feature of pandemic models, it's a certainty. The government told us we were well prepared and we weren't, they promised a world class track and trace system and didn't deliver. We now have a government focusing on everything else except the second lockdown that'll be the only way to survive it. The economy is more important to them than lives when they play with numbers. As with the first wave it's about who they're prepared to throw under the bus. Is it you and yours this time?

I'm searching for reasons to be optimistic about how the govenment handles it and not finding much. I'm searching for reasons to believe that the general population will think and behave appropriately and not finding much. When there's so much shit spiralling out of control, better to control whatever it is you can control.

It might be consoling to blame other age groups or other parts of society for being "the problem" but it might be more constructive to get your own family, the young, the old, the more and the less vulnerable, through the next phase. Their lives should mean more to you than anything or anyone else.

This will be the/ my Covid related post of the month, well said mate :worship:

I dislike that most of all, I don't think I've ever done that re covid, hopefully I won't need correcting here.

I dislike that most of all, I don't think I've ever done that re covid, hopefully I won't need correcting here.
No, I think you are right to point out that families comprise of people across the age groups. To protect society you have to protect families which is why targeting age groups is complete folly.

Back
Top Bottom