What's new

Selling/Trading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okey dokes, there will be more coming soon!
Now, i am looking for someone to smuggle me nicotine free flavored hand lotion mixed with non-toxic antifreeze, but thats another thread

(I actually have the business entity created and am in the process of getting approved for a tobacco research license)

Last edited:
Interesting thread and indeed needed

I do loads of giveaways on here and all mostly items i reviewed & occasionally what i have purchased myself specially when I first started out.
I have never and will never sell a free review item, for me its not right and doesn't sit well with my moral compass. Doing a trade well i think if your honest and both members are good with it then do what u want

I have sold maybe 3 or 4 things but i generally sold for the same or less than i paid and have only in the last few months been charging postage for giveaways! Used to pay for it all myself

When i started out on here i was treated so well, i bought some stuff and had some giveaways from some great members so i always have tried to pay it forward.

I would not be happy if i do a giveaway and then someone sells it on, not because they are making money from something but it just doesn't feel right to do it so i would be disappointed. I do giveaways to help others out and declutter lol

Shame that there are always 1 or 2 that take advantage. I haven't been aware of it myself though but who knows what people do with what they have won!

I love the forum and i hope we can all continue to help each other out as we have been doing

Dee

It's just difficult because everyone sees things differently. If I'm honest (and please don't take this as a dig) I wouldn't ever charge someone postage on a giveaway. I understand with the amount of stuff you get sent and giveaway that's not really an option for you, but for the longest time that was seen as not really an acceptable thing to do either.

I've not done giveaways before because I was pretty broke and didn't want to ask someone to pay postage. :D

I guess that's why I think we all need to agree on the 'rules' so people don't have to feel guilty, or be questioned about what they are doing.

....... or agree that there are no rules, if there aren't any. :D

Appreciate you bringing this up Simon.

It was never my intention to piss anyone off so apologies for that. I do think the tone of the first reply in my thread was a bit shitty but I'm an adult so I'll take it on the chin... and I'll be this weeks pariah.

As I explained in the thread, I did have the intention of using the Sensis and and am very grateful to have won it, however upon thinking about what would suit me more I decided I have enough normal mods. So rather than it sitting in my cupboard until I got round to using it I thought I'd offer it up for trade. I was clear where it came from and I had no intention of profiting from the good will of Innokin, I just thought it might suit someone else better than me. I certainly didn't enter the giveaway with the idea I'd trade it on the off chance I'd win. I mean, really?

I can see in hindsight how it could look to others though, and appreciate a further giveaway would have been more appropriate... so again I apologise.

Appreciate you bringing this up Simon.

It was never my intention to piss anyone off so apologies for that. I do think the tone of the first reply in my thread was a bit shitty but I'm an adult so I'll take it on the chin... and I'll be this weeks pariah.

As I explained in the thread, I did have then intention of using the Sensis and and am very grateful to have won it, however upon thinking about what would suit me more I decided I have enough normal mods. So rather than it sitting in my cupboard until I got round to using it I thought I'd offer it up for trade. I was clear where it came from and I had no intention of profiting from the good will of Innokin, I just thought it might suit someone else better than me. I certainly didn't enter the giveaway with the idea I'd trade it on the off chance I'd win. I mean, really?

I can see in hindsight how it could look to others though, and appreciate a further giveaway would have been more appropriate... so again I apologise.

I don't think you have anything to say sorry for, you were upfront about it and you weren't doing anything sneaky. People can decide if they want to trade with you for it or not. I would be happy to trade with you myself (I really like mine) but I don't have what you are looking for!! ;)

It's just difficult because everyone sees things differently. If I'm honest (and please don't take this as a dig) I wouldn't ever charge someone postage on a giveaway. I understand with the amount of stuff you get sent and giveaway that's not really an option for you, but for the longest time that was seen as not really an acceptable thing to do either.

I've not done giveaways before because I was pretty broke and didn't want to ask someone to pay postage. :D

I guess that's why I think we all need to agree on the 'rules' so people don't have to feel guilty, or be questioned about what they are doing.

....... or agree that there are no rules, if there aren't any. :D
Hey Si

Don't worry 100% not taking this personally.

As i said i never used to charge but ive ended up doing so many i was then out of pocket,.so now after a long time questioning myself about whether i should or not the rule is I charge postage, i charge the exact amount only and i now do this with every giveaway, then its fair.

If the rules are put in place not to charge then i will follow of course. :2thumbsup:

Much for us to contemplate. Thanks ALL and I'll report back when we have hammered things out.:worship:

New rules should be purely let folks do as they please and no one moan. I think it is the only way to go. By restricting things it makes things worse. Folks don't want others to tell them what they can and can't do. Look at prohibition of Booze for the example.
If someone doesn't like something someone will. If someone puts up a sale and it's wrong with you, then ignore it leave it for someone who may be ok with whatever.
I used to review, but never sold a review item. Some of the moans about reviewers come accross as jealousy, if not why bother saying stuff as it isn't anyones business what someone else does, that's the whole point of life to live it your own way not how or what others do. If there is a problem let the mods deal with it, Folks do not like grassers and even those who grass would probably feel hard done by if the roles where reversed.

It was me that mentioned it, because it didn't sit right with me.

I've won items on here before, and after giving them a good try and finding that they weren't for me, have passed them on, for free the same way that I got them.

The item offered in the trade hadn't even been opened. This isn't something that's been left in a cupboard and forgotten about and then the winner realised that they didn't really want it. It was a fresh win, only a week or so old. I asked myself "Why would someone enter a giveaway for something they didn't want", and then it showed up as something for a trade. Didn't look right to me and certainly didn't seem within the spirit we have on this forum.

I just called it as I saw it, as I always do.

John, this isnt a dig on u at all, so dont take it that way, and i have no opinion about what u did. None of my business, not a mod.

For myself tho, i would try any device sent to me before i dismissed it, just out of courtesy to the vendor that sent it, since that is the point of their giveaways, to let u try something u might not buy
otherwise.

That is just how i personally feel n whether or not anyone else feels that way i could care less (although i do think that posting and commenting once u do get a device encourages more giveaways)

Ive now been surprised twice by devices i thought i would never use, let alone like

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom