What's new

Shortfill 50ml 70/30 - Does anyone thin them for MTL?

I've tried some of the Manabush 30ml's with a PG nic shot which worked well but I have always dismissed 'normal' 50ml/100ml shortfills to make MTL eliquid for some reason.

I bought some Drip Drop 50ml's last week and this one seemed the better candidate to try as the flavour was pretty strong to start with.

I did the maths earlier and I think I got it close:
50ml shortfill 70VG/30PG
25ml 18mg PG Nicotine (2.5 shots)
= 75ml 6mg at 36VG/64PG as near as damn it.

It's pretty thin due to all PG nic shots so next time I will juggle the PG & VG nic shots but for this experiment I'm chasing the flavour and I don't find PG too harsh, but if the flavour is still strong I can add some VG to it.

I'm going to let it steep a bit but it shouldn't take too long with PG.

For those lucky people living outside TPD range and use 72mg PG Nic salts instead then you could make:
50ml shortfill 70VG/30PG
20ml 72mg PG Nic Salt
= 70ml 20mg 42VG/58PG

Still pretty thin but if the flavour is strong enough you could add some VG

6mg.jpg

Has anyone else had much success with shortfills for MTL, I know there's a few firms that make specific 'MTL Shortfills' but I'm wondering if the better value 50/100ml's will work out, any tips?

I buy shortfills and use them for MTL exclusively. If I buy 50ml I just add 10ml of my own NIC to achieve my preferred 12mg ( or near as damn it) I’ve got both PG and VG Nic in the freezer to use accordingly, depending on the ratio of said shortfills.

Usually, the majority are 70/30, so I put 10ml of my PG nic in to roughly get 60/40 mix @ 12mg. Works for me, so that’s what I tend to do now. I’ve also done it with Manabush & Primevapes 30ml shortfills. Less nic required, but top up with PG or VG as required to achieve your desired ratio.

There are a few 50 and 100mg shortfills in 50/50. I like some of the juices in the Malaysian Frooti Tooti range but haven't seen much of it in the last few years - I spotted some in one of the vape shops in Plymouth and was going to buy a few but noticed they were 50/50 so passed on it

I'm not sure if a 50/50 shortfill will have the concentration of flavour as regular MTL juice, but I have substituted a 10ml Nic salt juice instead of an extra nic shot to a same flavour shortfill for a 6mg (ish) RDL vape - that was good to increase the nic without diluting the flavour. I suppose you could try adding a 10ml MTL juice to 25ml from a shortfill which could boost the flavour a little more but I haven't actually tried it so I don't know how it would compare to regular MTL juice..

Also, it seems expensive (to me) buying 10ml bottles all the time. Buying shortfills just seems much better value.

I have tested the Honeydew Lemonade after 30 minute steep and it's already good to go, not too harsh on the throat with this PG ratio, no more 10ml's for me.

For a 50ml shortfill (50/50) I just add a 10ml 18mg nic shot so it's 3mg, not too bothered if it's PG or VG.

Also, it seems expensive (to me) buying 10ml bottles all the time. Buying shortfills just seems much better value.

I think it strictly depends on how much you vape, £4 or £5 for a good quality 10ml MTL juice does seem steep, but lots of places do 3 for £10/£12.

I don't vape large amounts compared to many here, but if I vape DL 3mg only I get through about 70 - 80ml in a week, if I vape only MTL 20mg maybe 20 - 25 max so it works out about the same for me.

I buy shortfills and use them for MTL exclusively. If I buy 50ml I just add 10ml of my own NIC to achieve my preferred 12mg ( or near as damn it) I’ve got both PG and VG Nic in the freezer to use accordingly, depending on the ratio of said shortfills.

Usually, the majority are 70/30, so I put 10ml of my PG nic in to roughly get 60/40 mix @ 12mg. Works for me, so that’s what I tend to do now. I’ve also done it with Manabush & Primevapes 30ml shortfills. Less nic required, but top up with PG or VG as required to achieve your desired ratio.

I do the same.

Back
Top Bottom