What's new

Show off your favorite devices for MTL setups

Nice - those are still on my wish list at some point
I got an Ares - but I think it's ok, got a bubble glass on it than the chimney extender kit....

Quote These Messages
Jg95ESF.jpg

I know it has been slated by some - but I think it is ok as I got it very cheap
(I've bought a lot worse is my excuse if I get flamed - but so far it has been alright)

Nothing wrong with the Ares, it a good tank ..... although that glass is horribly wrong. ;)

Nothing wrong with the Ares, it a good tank ..... although that glass is horribly wrong. ;)

Ares air intake on the deck could have been better like Vic said
but for an ex-smoker like moi the flavour is still miles better than pen kits or cheap mtl tanks (imho)

Yes the air intake could have been better, but not THAT bad imho

The other main issue for some is leaking - getting past wicking problems causing possible leaks....

The lid/top is where I think (for what little I know), this may occur...
The lid either seals poorly as it gets old, the silicone allows air leak so is a very airy draw
(not suffered this - but others have reported bad seal/air leak at lids)

Or it can leak at bottom seals - I have had this a little on one of my two Ares tanks.....
I think the seal on mine is TOO GOOD - by that pressure starts to build in use
with nowhere to go coz the lid seal is so good it has to escape somehow - then you see a slight weeping at seals

By opening the lid as if to fill it, there was a very slight sound like a change in pressure
Which got me thinking if the pressure is building and THAT was causing this tank to weep ???
(May not be the only thing but I'm sure it is contributing to it a bit)

As a kinda work-around I found releasing the fire button a split second but continue to slightly draw a split second longer
This seems to have stopped the weeping on that tank by slightly slighty altering the way I vape

Personally - with the Ares, what Innokin should have done is used the Zenith lid
Idiot proof filling etc... - well unless you forget to close the slot of course - duuuhhhh

After checking the condition of seals & wicking etc....
if tank still weeps - I reckon it is from pressure building up & up that forces it to weep

When my Nautilus 2 decides to pee itself in the past - then you know what a leak really is !!!!

QUESTION:

Why is that a 2ml tank only seems to hold about 1.5ml in normal use
Yet when it decides to flood out from every possible point it seems to hold 10ml of juice ????

PS - bubble glass was cheaper than chimney/glass extender kit
my one was another make of tank very very slightly different dimensions
But I "think" the Innokin PLEX bubble glass is nigh on same spec:

24 x 19.25 x 28.3 bubble width
Vs
24 x 18.8 on the std/tpd Ares glass

So the PLEX is less than 0.5mm taller but should fit especially if seals are a bit old/squished
(don't sue me if my dimensions are incorrect, just saying there could be an easy bubble option)

Last edited:
What is the mod please? It's not one I recognise and I can't make out the lettering.

LOL - it is a cheapo clearance TC50w ibaccy mod I got a while back
it is light but the so called power bank charging feature never worked for me
(nor do I believe it is anything like 2000mah either)

Amazon product ASIN B01AYGP9AK
It is cheapo mod that got me going and does the job for my coils/tanks

Bored today......

Slipstream - not much good for MTL.....

BUT for a giggle, they do 1.2 Ohm Slipstream coils for the Pocketmod
So..... bought a pack and chucked this 90mm tall setup with a 1.2 Ohm Slipstream & 10w E-leaf on low volts 3.3v to 3.5v(ish)
But getting some flavour from it and better than a CE4 type thing I started out with

xkfRh5L.jpg

for poops & giggles but might work for ninja stealth vaping
Hmmmmm - still a tiny little bit airy for me, but could work if I got a tight 510 tip on there

(against El Chapo / Sheik Mavape now with bubble on there)

Eleaf is about 3mm shorter than the Pebble in height couple of mm thinner/narrower
and not as heavy - 10w limit but with 1.2 Ohm the value is 10w to 13w so might work
(crap mod by today standards but just messing around as I'm bored & wondering etc....)

Last edited:
Just spent an hour or so washing and rewicking some of my tanks and swapping juices so this is the next few days stuff I will be using!

Attachments

• IMG_20181129_153120.jpg
    IMG_20181129_153120.jpg
    507.8 KB · Views: 106
Evic basic with 2ml dvarw and tip from a taifun gs. And turkish snout with pistachio cream home brew. Doubleplusgood.

image.jpg

Bored today......

Slipstream - not much good for MTL.....

BUT for a giggle, they do 1.2 Ohm Slipstream coils for the Pocketmod
So..... bought a pack and chucked this 90mm tall setup with a 1.2 Ohm Slipstream & 10w E-leaf on low volts 3.3v to 3.5v(ish)
But getting some flavour from it and better than a CE4 type thing I started out with

xkfRh5L.jpg

for poops & giggles but might work for ninja stealth vaping
Hmmmmm - still a tiny little bit airy for me, but could work if I got a tight 510 tip on there

(against El Chapo / Sheik Mavape now with bubble on there)

Eleaf is about 3mm shorter than the Pebble in height couple of mm thinner/narrower
and not as heavy - 10w limit but with 1.2 Ohm the value is 10w to 13w so might work
(crap mod by today standards but just messing around as I'm bored & wondering etc....)

Nice overhang on the little setup on the left. Prepare yourself for pelters from some of the less aesthetically aware members, though! Hi @Crewella ;)

Back
Top Bottom