vapesmarter

Mod Maker
what?????

not a mod....???

yep

DVD first

ashes to ashes series 1

Gene Hunt:
We found a small amount of explosives on land near the Royal Docks.

Alex Drake:
Well, technically a small dog found it. He's an even smaller dog now.

I grew up around this time I started my first job..... watching this series again I was back there oh Jesus was I back there.

this is where I started here also, see that title "case maker" so here we go hang on to you braces 80s lovers

IMG_4818.jpg

I'm slotting some oak here on the spindle moulder, it's my oak British through and through, I bought half the tree some time ago from the arborist we were working with at the time,

IMG_4819.jpg

so the carcass is done dovetail joints no screws nails etc

IMG_4826.jpg

spindle molding the edge with a spindle "french knife" (i said before that they banned these so this is a rare beast)

IMG_4828.jpg

the top is and base together pre-stain

IMG_4833.jpg

post stain I make my own oil stains as the new stains are water based and utter crap for hardwood

so add this all together and wax, polish (no varnish)

IMG_4837.jpg

"Lusitania"

the reason I called it this, is because it's a big cabinet it will take all you mod collection plus some juice as well, in one easy place

IMG_4839.jpg

bronze clasp fittings parliament hinges

IMG_4840.jpg

carry handles

IMG_4841.jpg

inside we have a coil tray, and a mod tray with proper 510 connections so your fav atteys don't go crash

IMG_4842.jpg

both trays lift out revealing more space, the bases are covered in green baize

so can I buy it stu?

nope

is it a giveaway?

nope

its off for review (i hope) but this cabinet can be made again all you have to do is click that message button

next time

"Gramarye"

if you love my cabinets, mods, bags, stands, then like them, follow me and......buy one.

Absolutely beautiful. I’ve got to ask, is Gramarye a James Herbert reference?

Absolutely beautiful. I’ve got to ask, is Gramarye a James Herbert reference?

yes and no

I met him (James Herbert) a few years ago by chance on a job we were doing he was the most pleasant down to earth chap you could meet but when my son and myself started working together we worked at a small cottage it was the weirdest place, and so old the woodwork was sweet chestnut. I had forgotten about the book the magic cottage until I picked it after the job. if you asked me to take you to the place we worked at, for the life of me I just could not remember how to. the wood I used for the mod is a piece from the cottage we were working on I found it in the workshop in a box when I installed the new miller, I kept it god knows why could it of been gramarye (as James Herbert said in his book dark places it was based on a cottage he new) who knows....

yes and no

I met him (James Herbert) a few years ago by chance on a job we were doing he was the most pleasant down to earth chap you could meet but when my son and myself started working together we worked at a small cottage it was the weirdest place, and so old the woodwork was sweet chestnut. I had forgotten about the book the magic cottage until I picked it after the job. if you asked me to take you to the place we worked at, for the life of me I just could not remember how to. the wood I used for the mod is a piece from the cottage we were working on I found it in the workshop in a box when I installed the new miller, I kept it god knows why could it of been gramarye (as James Herbert said in his book dark places it was based on a cottage he new) who knows....
Wow, that wood has a real story to it then...meeting a legend, possible links to a “real” Magic Cottage, plus Gramarye actually means magical learning, apparently.
I haven’t read Dark Places...I will now.

Wow, that wood has a real story to it then...meeting a legend, possible links to a “real” Magic Cottage, plus Gramarye actually means magical learning, apparently.
I haven’t read Dark Places...I will now.

all mods have some sort of meaning some people don't understand that from the wood the resin the shape all has to fit the name I give it, otherwise, a mod is just a mod another "xp501 savage" etc made by the thousand in a factory in China soon to be £15 in the bargain bucket

what you don't see on here are the mods I didn't finish the scrap bin the ideas I lost interest in

I name all my mods as a name brings life, a purpose, pull out your alien 220 great looks good now pull out wonko, capo, fonzie, a mod that will never be made again, made for you and you alone, it depends how you look at things but tilt your head a little and look again.

art is holding the mirror up to nature, I like to think to make a mod from scratch all of it, is holding that same mirror up but just on the tilt.....a little

Very nice Vapesmarter. :2thumbsup:

Marilyn & Memphis Belle agree with you about the names. ;)

all mods have some sort of meaning some people don't understand that from the wood the resin the shape all has to fit the name I give it, otherwise, a mod is just a mod another "xp501 savage" etc made by the thousand in a factory in China soon to be £15 in the bargain bucket

what you don't see on here are the mods I didn't finish the scrap bin the ideas I lost interest in

I name all my mods as a name brings life, a purpose, pull out your alien 220 great looks good now pull out wonko, capo, fonzie, a mod that will never be made again, made for you and you alone, it depends how you look at things but tilt your head a little and look again.

art is holding the mirror up to nature, I like to think to make a mod from scratch all of it, is holding that same mirror up but just on the tilt.....a little
Absolutely agree. I’ve made about three knives that I’m 100% happy with, slightly more of other assorted ironmongery, and more again that’ll “do”. Like you said, the knives, pattern welds, burnt steel that ends up in the bin is amazing and a little depressing.
At least with vapegear you have a reasonable audience that will pay for quality, all bladesmith ever hear is “but I can buy one from Sainsbury’s for £15”

Hmm

Back
Top Bottom