What's new

Side effects of vaping...

Also just noticed that my mini protank is making me wheezy but my Evod isn't !!

Could it be an atomiser issue? Maybe a dirty coil? I've just put a rewicked coil in the protank but maybe I didn't clean it well enough before I rewicked?? I don't currently build my own coils, just dry burn and rewick with cotton. Could I be using too much or too little cotton??

This is the only thing I can think of because I have used the protank for 3wks now and had no problems, except from these two episodes.

The Evod is brand new and has a new cotton wicked coil in it and that's not making me wheeze at all!!

Confused.com

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Also just noticed that my mini protank is making me wheezy but my Evod isn't !!

Could it be an atomiser issue? Maybe a dirty coil? I've just put a rewicked coil in the protank but maybe I didn't clean it well enough before I rewicked?? I don't currently build my own coils, just dry burn and rewick with cotton. Could I be using too much or too little cotton??

This is the only thing I can think of because I have used the protank for 3wks now and had no problems, except from these two episodes.

The Evod is brand new and has a new cotton wicked coil in it and that's not making me wheeze at all!!

Confused.com

In all honesty as per previous post think you are over thinking it, probably like me when you do one of them daft tests you get pigeon holed into analytical/analytical if the Atomizer was the issue you would taste the dryness compared to the evod.

chances are you were using the evod first when quiting moced onto something else after meanwhile your body is adjusting starting to offload a load of crap from smoking. from previous post VG is certainly kinder on the throat less dry.

You're def right about overthinking it! I'm not really sat up at 2am trying to google the answer!! Honest

I am getting a much harsher hit with the protank at the mo...but haven't changed my juice or set up. My Evod is brand new today with a fresh coil.

Think I'm gonna put a fresh coil on the protank and see if that fixes it. If so, I obviously need to clean them better before rewicking.

Thanks Rob,

Vik

You're def right about overthinking it! I'm not really sat up at 2am trying to google the answer!! Honest

I am getting a much harsher hit with the protank at the mo...but haven't changed my juice or set up. My Evod is brand new today with a fresh coil.

Think I'm gonna put a fresh coil on the protank and see if that fixes it. If so, I obviously need to clean them better before rewicking.

Thanks Rob,

Vik

Not had an evod so cannot comment tbh some atomizers by there design will provide a harsher Throat hit no doubt you will find your feet and what suits but I wouldnt worry your not doing yourself any more harm its just preference personally I don't like TH just flavour and kind of wet thick vape, just part of finding what you like by trial and error. Jump back to the evod and try something else when you feel like another change.

EDIT could be cart in PT try another one, not sure what you have it on but if it is variable voltage/wattage try lowering it.

Last edited:
Not had an evod so cannot comment tbh some atomizers by there design will provide a harsher Throat hit no doubt you will find your feet and what suits but I wouldnt worry your not doing yourself any more harm its just preference personally I don't like TH just flavour and kind of wet thick vape, just part of finding what you like by trial and error. Jump back to the evod and try something else when you feel like another change.

I'm the same, prefer the lovely warm, thick flavour vape and can live without the throat hit totally.

I've just swapped out the coil and put a fresh one in the protank and boom...back to normal with no wheezing! I guess I didn't clean the head well enough before I rewicked and have been breathing in the crap! I would think it will he easier to make sure it's properly cleaned when I start replacing the coils too. Just got to wait on my ohms meter....

Thanks for chatting and helping me work through it. I'm glad I'm not the only one up at this hour!!

Vik

I'm the same, prefer the lovely warm, thick flavour vape and can live without the throat hit totally.

I've just swapped out the coil and put a fresh one in the protank and boom...back to normal with no wheezing! I guess I didn't clean the head well enough before I rewicked and have been breathing in the crap! I would think it will he easier to make sure it's properly cleaned when I start replacing the coils too. Just got to wait on my ohms meter....

Thanks for chatting and helping me work through it. I'm glad I'm not the only one up at this hour!!

Vik

Glad you got it sorted, bed is calling should of gone ages ago :)

DakotaMai
It's very unlikely the tank itself that'll cause this....
Wick,coil material,vg,pg and/or flavouring ingredients...your body is also going through alot of changes at the moment.
Alot of variable's...some may be constant ,some may pass.

Thanks twoeyedbob

I'm just going to stick with it and make a note if I get the wheezing and hopefully I'll notice the variable.

I'm getting no wheezing now after changing the coil in the protank, so
I'm guessing it's not the juice? Also, I have cotton in the Evod and Silica in the protank so probably not the wick?

My guess is a dirty head but I'll see how it pans out over the next couple of weeks, and hopefully I can avoid dirty residue when I get my coil building supplies and can clean heads properly.

Thanks,
Vik

I get wheezy if I vape a lot. But it doesn't last long. Menthols make me cough sometimes as well. I see it as a sign that my lungs are working properly again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom