What's new

Sigh - and again ... eu threatens to block vaccine to the uk and others who got their finger out

Sorry in advance for the offtopic post

What I cant understand is why even suffering a global pandemic, something of global interest and impact, Pfizer & Co. dont share the vaccine patent in order to get the fucking problem solved ASAP.
Money is a powerful knight, even if everybody is dying.

Sorry in advance for the offtopic post

What I cant understand is why even suffering a global pandemic, something of global interest and impact, Pfizer & Co. dont share the vaccine patent in order to get the fucking problem solved ASAP.
Money is a powerful knight, even if everybody is dying.

Big Pharma exist to make profit, life and death is just business to them. The only company that has agreed to sell the vaccine at cost for the duration of the pandemic is AstraZeneca. They’re also allowing it to be produced in other parts of the world I believe :)

Sickening really isn’t it? Money is more important than lives in this world :(

Slightly off topic but i've always wondered about Cancer Research.What will happen when a cure is found after the millions collected in donations,will they sell the patent to big pharma or sell it at cost?.I'm thinking about that greedy shite who bought the patent for an AIDS suppresant and raised the cost by 5000%.

Slightly off topic but i've always wondered about Cancer Research.What will happen when a cure is found after the millions collected in donations,will they sell the patent to big pharma or sell it at cost?.I'm thinking about that greedy shite who bought the patent for an AIDS suppresant and raised the cost by 5000%.

There are a couple of hundred different cancers: I think it’s highly unlikely there will ever be a single cure found. If there were, who’s got the funds and facilities to produce whatever it is apart from the pharmaceutical companies? They wouldn’t do it unless there was profit in it for them.

There are a couple of hundred different cancers: I think it’s highly unlikely there will ever be a single cure found. If there were, who’s got the funds and facilities to produce whatever it is apart from the pharmaceutical companies? They wouldn’t do it unless there was profit in it for them.
There biggest excuse for the high costs of medication is the R&D involved,now there could be times when this is the case,but if Imperial Cancer research makes a break through then they've done all the hard work for them.
I haven't got a crystal ball but i do wonder.

This is why more folks wanted out than in here in UK. Getting told what to do by a bunch of unelected dogooders or crooks depending on which you feel is not democratic, it's a dictatorship. The EU are a shambles , they feel they are bigger than anyone so can bully folks into doing what they want, when it doesn't work they still throw their toys out of the pram because they can't get their own way. This vaccine dabacle is typical of the EU. I just hope in time we change a lot of the rules that have limited us and where put in by the EU,

the flag wavers will be here in a minute to administer a lambasting. :)

You realise that believing we are better off out than in doesn't necessarily make someone a flag waver right ? thats a very "remoaner" thing to say.

I think we were better off out than in .. i'm also not particularly patriotic .. and am at least faintly anti-royal.

I realise its an unpopular thing to think even amongst some people I would call friends ...

but TBH ive seen nothing yet that makes me think we did the wrong thing .. quite the opposite in fact.

the flag wavers will be here in a minute to administer a lambasting. :)

Sneaky tactic.... so now anything anyone says anything in rebuttable to the claims in the article, is already seen as a flag waver?

I don't disagree with much of it, he just fails to mention a lot of the points that would make the EU look far less innocent and capable. ... it's nicely spun though, I'll give him that.

Back
Top Bottom