What's new

Site is so slow

Probably because we are a completely Apple and iMac household I suppose? Never have to use an app etc :hmm::22:

now im even more confused.
so i searched the forum via the net on my phone.
it opens the main page but as soon as i click on the forum it just flashes and closes just like the app. all other pages to news, reviews, codes all open fine.

not sure why mine is not working then.
every 20 or so attemps i get a popup box which you can just about see in the background saying "planet of the vapes forum keeps stopping".
then option of app info or close app.

tried a reboot but still the same.

View attachment 272244
Same as you mate. The app tries to open but i sta-closes.

Thanks @Banjostring its not just my phone playing up then.
sounds like an android thing if Robs apples are working.
its weard though that even bypassing the app and going on the net and searching forum it lets me open all the other pages but wont open the forum part.
wonder if a force stop and clear cache would help. i did click on force stop but got a warning this could corrupt the page and stop the app working.

Thanks @Banjostring its not just my phone playing up then.
sounds like an android thing if Robs apples are working.
its weard though that even bypassing the app and going on the net and searching forum it lets me open all the other pages but wont open the forum part.
wonder if a force stop and clear cache would help. i did click on force stop but got a warning this could corrupt the page and stop the app working.

I think (been a while since I used an Android device) that when the url for the forum is seem the app is registered to open it. Disable the app (or uninstall) and try navigating to the forums through a browser.

I think (been a while since I used an Android device) that when the url for the forum is seem the app is registered to open it. Disable the app (or uninstall) and try navigating to the forums through a browser.
thanks for that idea mate.
im not going to risk that just in case i lose the app altogether and it wont load again.
lets hope the guvnor has any better ideas before i try that.
any advice @OccultScientist

I know it's not easy for your @MrDJ but using my android browser on mobile view works fine, got to have my details checked when I come back on but aside from that it's working normal. You can change phone settings to make the font bigger, but it will involve a bit more scrolling on the pages if you super size it for ease of reading.

I lost the app on my phone the other day when I got a new one, I guess the app's not available anymore

Works fine on my phone through a browser though, even better than how the app did, which was a bit borky in some places

ETA: What @Miss Pepper said

Back
Top Bottom