What's new

Smoant Pasito

The thing is, I don't mind having to fettle stuff and I have patience with fiddly stuff. I DO mind a bad design. I'll be really interested to hear what you come up with, and indeed anyone else with the RBA who's tried this. Thanks. :)

I've a crappy cheapo multi meter, but even that's reading the coil at around an ohm.

not had any issues with either of mine like this.... sorry cannot help. .... I did get the 510 bit stuck in my ohm reader though, that was a pain to get out.

not had any issues with either of mine like this.... sorry cannot help. .... I did get the 510 bit stuck in my ohm reader though, that was a pain to get out.
Actually, that does help. A lot. I can cope with a malfunction ........... my foot starts itching for the drop-kick when I think it's a design fault. If yours works OK and reads correctly on a mod, and Jon's did eventually, then I just keep trying. :10:

Though I might leave it until tomorrow ........... ;)

.......... and yes, mine got stuck twice ........ :D

Do you want me to post you another base? I have 5 RBA's so I'm not going to miss a base.
Oh bless you. No, I can actually live without the base and just use a multi-meter - it's how I started building coils anyway. Thank you though, it's a kind offer and much appreciated. :2thumbsup:

And I'm a stubborn git, if it CAN work it bloody well WILL work! :D

Two possibilities I can suggest.
One of my rba's has a habit of the pos pin at the bottom unscrewing a little and causing the coil leg to loosten and give a wrong reading (just tighten the pos pin).
Second issue I had on the first build was that the bottom of gold pod 510 connection unscrews in the middle and stays connected to the base of the rba.
The thread also happens to be the same size as the 510 adapter so you can screw it in and it prevents the rba coil making contact and I'm sure it reads aground 0.2.
Just a thought.

I don't know what I'd do without you guys, thank you all. I'll start from scratch again tomorrow. :10:

I don't know what I'd do without you guys, thank you all. I'll start from scratch again tomorrow. :10:
Be strong. Be brave. We(those who have potatoes - but not me) will be there for you in body and soul, providing a build mat you can cry on and a safe ohms to amp rating to which you can call home. God bless you my child x

Nope, whatever I do it comes out the same, I think I just have a duff one. I'll see what FT say.

Back
Top Bottom