What's new

Smok Alien Faults

Actually I just looked at mine and there is some paint chipping on it already, and I have been so gentle with it. But , in my eyes , no mod is going to be perfectly clean and it's always going to show wear and tear i'm one of those people that don't like paint chips or scratches on my mod but it's nothing that a case or a wrap can't fix :) I move my alien though and hope I dont have any technical problems with mine.

I've got mods that are over a year old and used at work every day and look like new, paint chipping and buttons falling off is not acceptable in a few weeks, and certainly not the norm.

Sounds like typical Smok shoddy build quality.

I agree, it's not acceptable for any product to look crap after a short term and light use. we should avoid these sellers until they make things fit for purpose .

Here you go...noticed this this morning with my morning vape. A couple of flakes of paint around one of the buttons and the neck of the mod.
20161121_105621.jpg

20161121_105657.jpg

So I took a closer look and found a few flakes on the opposite side to the fire button...so I thought I would rub it with my nail, damn big mistake...the paint just fell away. My problem is this is a comp win so I made the rest of the paint fall away with a plastic spoon and some isopropyl alcohol wipes. Now it definitely is an Alien...
20161121_105536.jpg

Folks I hope this is just a bad batch because Smok have a very good mod here...but to fuck up on a fundamental thing like the paint job is inexcusable.

Strange, bought mine from E Cig One and have had no issues at all, it's the black/Grey version,the paints spot on, and i never updated the firmware from the version it came with (saw no need ) Had it for 2 wks now

I get the feeling that the places the paint was coming away is where you make skin contact the most on the mod when you hold it.

Maybe the acidity, sweat or even the heat is destabilising the paint and just causing it to flake...I don't know. I am sure the IPV d2 had the same issue in the beginning. But people were reporting signs after a few months...Not WEEKS FFS

I had a hard time choosing between the Alien and the RX200S and eventually went for the RX. Felt like I'd maybe made the wrong decision coz, even tho I'm loving the RX, everyone here has been raving about the Alien. Hearing this makes me glad I made the decision I did but what a bloody bummer for Smok to bring out such a fantastic mod only to drop the ball on workmanship :( It's just flippin' sloppy! Hopefully we're talking about a bad lot here and this isn't gonna be the case across the board. Hope you guys who are having to go back to Smok/vendor about this get something sorted out x

This looks like a bad batch @MrDJ has two and they are fine not sure what vendor he used
to buy from . Its not nice to have paint chips when only had little use @beastobadness if it was a comp win it maybe one they send out for review that sometimes not the finished product . But to me if you win as prize it should be the completed mod as if it was going to shops for sale

I've had my client for 3-4 weeks and it gets ALOT of daily use - I admit i don't use it much out and about so its not in and out of pockets all day every day but it is occasionally and it gets a lot of hand held use at home (it pretty much doesn't leave my hand of an evening) and i've not seen any of these issues - no issues with the firing bar, no problems with the screen, no paint issues (I am touching wood not to jinx things as i type this though!) I absolutely love it as a device for size and functionality.

This looks like a bad batch @MrDJ has two and they are fine not sure what vendor he used
to buy from . Its not nice to have paint chips when only had little use @beastobadness if it was a comp win it maybe one they send out for review that sometimes not the finished product . But to me if you win as prize it should be the completed mod as if it was going to shops for sale

Agreed but because it's a comp win I am not too fussed otherwise I probably would have gone postal on Smok...I just hope that the people who DID pay good money for the mod, if they get these issues, get some form of recompense.

Mine... I like it and all I have done is make it my own[emoji39] and if I get sick of it I am sure I can get wraps from somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom