What's new

Smok Alien Faults

It has lasted a year. Mine lasted 363 days. It was on it's last legs. The powder coat was disintegrating and it error-ed every time I changed the batteries. The nail in the coffin was when the cat knocked it over and busted the screws out of the plastic Smok anchored them in. I managed to bodge it together for a day or so until my new mod turned up on slow boat from China. My advice is to move on and get a new mod, just not a Smok. I can't recommend the TeslaCigs WYE 200 enough, it is comparable to the Smok Alien in every way apart from the fact it is infinitely better made.
Interesting, I have just seemingly wasted my money on a Smok Alien (since the TC is appalling) after getting refunded for a Tesla WYE 200W that only lasted 4 months before the screen suddenly stopped working. If you Google it, it seems to be a very common fault. Sometimes a firmware upgrade apparently fixes it, in my case it didn't. I agree that when it works, the WYE does work very well. However I think that a lot of mods in general seem to just be made to a shite standard and often fail after a short amount of time. Before the WYE I had an Aspire Archon, it lasted a couple of months or so before it started continuously reporting a short and refusing to work. Not to mention the magnets coming off the battery case (although I dropped it a few times this should be expected and catered for in the build quality at the end of the day). I don't know if the more expensive mods last longer but personally I've been hesitant to spend the extra money given my experiences with the cheaper ones.

Back
Top Bottom