What's new

Smok Alien Faults

This looks like a bad batch @MrDJ has two and they are fine not sure what vendor he used
to buy from . Its not nice to have paint chips when only had little use @beastobadness if it was a comp win it maybe one they send out for review that sometimes not the finished product . But to me if you win as prize it should be the completed mod as if it was going to shops for sale
I got both mine from vape potion and only bought the mods and not the kit. one red and one blue. literally does not leave my hand while im at my computer at home which on a work day is 5pm til 11pm and weekends lunchtime until midnight. they don't go in my pocket for out and about so im wondering if the usual keys coins in pockets could be a factor.

Few weeks in here and no paint issues. It is, however, really poor at TC. Woefully, unusably poor at TC.

Few weeks in here and no paint issues. It is, however, really poor at TC. Woefully, unusably poor at TC.
This is a shame to hear, as I do like the looks of the alien.
I got sent the H-Priv to review, and hoped it would be good for TC. I found with Ti it was acceptable, but I didn't find SS to be that good even with a custom TCR set.

I was hoping it would be good at TC with Daniels review seeming so, but I am hearing it is not so good :(.

This is a shame to hear, as I do like the looks of the alien.
I got sent the H-Priv to review, and hoped it would be good for TC. I found with Ti it was acceptable, but I didn't find SS to be that good even with a custom TCR set.

I was hoping it would be good at TC with Daniels review seeming so, but I am hearing it is not so good :(.
Daniel's review (of its TC performance) is the biggest surprise in all this. It seemed to perform very well in TC for him and, trusting his testing as I do, I have to think he may have been using an earlier firmware version that actually performed better than the most recent version, somehow. At any rate, I really like everything else about the Alien and will hold onto it in the hope that the next update sorts the TC out.

I got both mine from vape potion and only bought the mods and not the kit. one red and one blue. literally does not leave my hand while im at my computer at home which on a work day is 5pm til 11pm and weekends lunchtime until midnight. they don't go in my pocket for out and about so im wondering if the usual keys coins in pockets could be a factor.
Nothing to do with pockets as my only mod that leaves the house with me is my Evic mini...now that gets abuse in my pockets but you would never know it as there is zero damage apart from a magnet fell out of the battery door. Locktite fixed that issue lol.

It has gotta' be a first batch fault with the kits.

Just to add when I rubbed the paint with my nail it seemed to peel like a plastic coat rather than flake and it was patchy, but it didn't take long to scrape the rest off. The alcohol wipes just cleaned the surface of any residual paint.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your replies, I'll definitely take the consumer law into consideration. They are definitely original kits.
I'm still unsure about on board charging, on the first one, it charged straight off the mod and it worked fine. With the new one the battery bars come up but they don't charge.
I've got a feeling if I return it I'll get the 'its for firmware only' malarkey.
PS: The finish on the gunmetal mod seems to be fearing up much better than my old blue one did.
PPS (lol): Does anyone recommend a good tank for use with the Alien?

Thank you all for your replies, I'll definitely take the consumer law into consideration. They are definitely original kits.
I'm still unsure about on board charging, on the first one, it charged straight off the mod and it worked fine. With the new one the battery bars come up but they don't charge.
I've got a feeling if I return it I'll get the 'its for firmware only' malarkey.
PS: The finish on the gunmetal mod seems to be fearing up much better than my old blue one did.
PPS (lol): Does anyone recommend a good tank for use with the Alien?
Mines only a day old but im using the baby beast at 55w and the flavour and cloud is nice

Update:
I took the newest mod to the shop where I preceeded to argue with the owner for half an hour. He insisted I burned the board. I didn't budge on the fact it should work.
In the end I got a new mod so happy camper!
So far no issues. I will keep you posted haha.

Nice to hear the issue got resolved, I've had 3 Smok mods of various types in the last 6 months and they have all had issues in one way or another. The paint finish seems uniformly poor on the one's I have had , may as well have painted it with Dairylea its that soft and delicate

I had mine 5 days before the paint fucked off. Vapes well, Built shit

Back
Top Bottom