What's new

Review South Coast Vaper. 5 Juices review

Phantom Diablo

Achiever
Well sitting here in front of me i have 5 juices from Tom South Coast Vaper to review.

These are all being tested on a Vaporshark in wattage mode using an IGO w4 dripper with 1ohm build and cotton.

all juices are 12mg nic and i think 50/50 or 60/40

Now i have to state that ive never as yet found a dessert i like. i just dont enjoy them. whether its because they are to sweet, or because i prefer the real thing who knows. i prefer my juices to be fruit/ menthol/ anise based so its going to be rather hard to be subjective here but we'll see how we go. ( btw not going to rate these with any kind of scoring )

First up

Callicustard. heard lots of good stories about this so thought i would start with this one.

Quick word about the bottles etc. all are orange caps with tactile symbol and rather snazzy south coast label with cliffs and a lighthouse along with all the usual ingredients, warnings and mg content as well as batch date. all very professional looking and appealing.
4 of the juices have bath date of 12/4 and one is 6/4 so minimum 10 days steeped on these.

so onwards. ok initial impressions is the smell.. rights me of hot caramel sauce but also a good quality vanilla dairy ice cream. certainly mouthwatering.

and onto flavour , throat hit and vape.
plenty of vape first off, throat hit ( running at 20 watts btw ) is mild to medium. ( im used to heavy hitting very strong juices so otehrs may find this stronger than me ). flavour wise im getting almost a sweet nutty caramel to it thats not to overpowering and doesnt come across as at all sickly. i could certainly vape this for a few hours with no worries. its very smooth in taste and definately more towards thetoffee caramel for me that the vanilla of custard. more like a rich smooth caramel cream toffee if anything. a very pleasant vape and i think an ideal introduction if you want to get into desserts/ sweets.

next up with fresh wick each time

Crackberry: this is a strawberry biscuity juice with hints of cinnamon.

intial smell reminds of strawberry icecream rather than that of fresh strawberries. good start as who doesnt love strawberry ice cream!
i had already tried this in a tank and like a previous reviewer found it a little muted. but in the dripper theres a far more prounced flavour of strawberry coming through. im also getting more of the biscuit coming through and it kind of reminds me of strawberry creams or those pink wafer biscuit things.
oddly also reminds me of blancmange! not sure why.
however the cinnamon undertones dont come through for me. ( maybe its because i like my cinnamon very strong )
again plenty of vape and a mild throat hit, but not quite on a par with the callicustard. its for a me a little to understated and needs a little extra punch in the strawberry though i think the biscuit side is on the money.

Nipple Juice next.
a creamy full on strawberry juice .
now i have no idea whats going on here in terms of smell as i dont get the strawberry but do get the smell of cream. surprising that as i expected this to smell even more strawberrified than crackberry.
as per the others plenty of vape and a mild to medium throat hit. the strawberry again like crackberry is more a sweet taste rather than fresh ripe strawberry flavour and the cream adds to the mellowness of that though very subtle.
i would say this resembles more a strawberry milkshake rather then fresh strawberries and cream, its certainly a lot sweeter than crackberry and very light on the tongue ( i guess almost like a strawberry candyfloss ). think this one would work better in a tank than on a dripper , as im finding it justa little to warm for me and to sweet and think it would certainly come across well with a cooler vape.

next up

Darkchocaccino...a dark choc with cappuccino undertones.
the smell of nice is def a coffee smell with the chocolate coming through. now i have to say ive made several chocolate ones and i just dont like them, i find them remind me to much of powdered chocolate and tend to be a little harsh and bitter. so lets see how we go.

ooooh now this is stronger. again plenty of vape but the throat hit is a little higher than the others and the taste s stronger too.
the Wife says this smells like curry ( i know shes not a vaper and i think not all there at times! ), taste wise though im instantly reminded of cigarettes ( and i dont mean the stinkies) but the chocolate sweet cigs you used to get as a kid in those little flip top boxes.
taste is just like those and pleasantly nice. theres no bitterness of choc here i think the cappuccino mellows it out and sweetens the chocolate perfectly yet the coffee also gives a slight bitterness on exhale ( in a good coffee hit way ).
i couldnt vape this all day but for an after dinner evening vape its bang on.
my fave so far. hits the spot

last of all we come to
Cymore a light tobacco with nutty caramel tones ( like a sneakers so they say ).
i havent vaped tobacco in over 18 months so wanted to leave this one until last .

smelling this the nutty caramel seems to be dominant with just a hint of tobacco in there.

plenty of vape with this one. and again its a stronger throat hit. probably the strongest of all of them.
also the tobacco flavour comes through in the taste far more than the smell, and the caramel is actually quite mild as the heavier flavour of nuts is there as well. this isnt like sweet peanuts but more the dry slightly bitter taste of unsalted monkey nuts or hazelnut.
it doesnt have the sweetness or a ry4 tobacco and the closest thing i can think of is having a cafe creme cigar while munching nuts at christmas.
if you like tobaccos that have a hint of something that can take the edge off the harsness and very strong throat hit then this is one for you.
like an enjoyable after dinner mild mellow smoke ( if my memory serves me right its been a few years now ) and certainly alot nicer than my initial thoughts and feelings were on vaping a tobacco based juice.

So overal i think south coast vaper is onto some very nice juices here. for those who like soft subtle desserts or want a tobacco that offers up a little more you cant go far wrong with Toms range.

so for a non tobacco/ dessert vaper i give them a solid thumbs up.

Back
Top Bottom