What's new

Steel rod cable wicking

Lisa Bolton

Achiever
I was afraid of trying but glad I did. I've tried to research how they work since it defies gravity. Is it some small scale tech from rigs out to sea? My little geeky brain needs to know the science. I have found mine stops wicking the cotton when it's about 3mm juice left in the tank. That makes it less capacity for use. Is that just mine or how I've wicked the cotton?

Word of caution, try not to get fingerprints on them, messes with the action.

Capillary action. As long as the cotton makes contact with the cables juice will be drawn up. Not enough or too tightly packed cotton stops them working efficiently.

Capillary action. As long as the cotton makes contact with the cables juice will be drawn up. Not enough or too tightly packed cotton stops them working efficiently.
It works fine until the juice is about 3mm from the bottom

Think you're expecting a miracle, damn things never worked for me, rdt fookin' a :19:
I turned the rods upside down using tweezers. Thought if it was finger grease then it wouldn't wick at all and seems to be fine. Bet it's just a thing that you can't make use of all the juice but who knows lol

I've a clone German stil vapor tank somewhere, wonderful as a dripper or vaped like you're drinking from the thing, but never really wicked via the cables and the three post deck is tiresome.

I've a clone German stil vapor tank somewhere, wonderful as a dripper or vaped like you're drinking from the thing, but never really wicked via the cables and the three post deck is tiresome.
Could it be faulty?

Surface tension i believe is what allows for the capillary action to work, if u want to get even deeper into the physics

Back
Top Bottom