What's new

Stringray clone from AttackofTheClones.co.uk

So how many of these copper and brass mods are plated not solid then? this is the first I've heard of it.

Got my black copper one from attack of the clones today and it's ok. But not as good as the brass one I got from mvapes a few weeks back. It's also longer than the brass one and the finish isn't great. Threading is no where near as smooth.

Also got a couple of rdas which to be fair, aren't bad looking at all really. But not tried them.

Would I use them again? Who knows? Shipping was quick (and free) and prices weren't bad but I feel like its a sorta get what you pay for vibe when dabbling in clones. ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1399560697.481855.jpgImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1399560744.074892.jpgImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1399560856.794550.jpg

the copper/black has got so many people trying to clone it its so difficult to get a good one unless research is done....look at matt at m vapes...sent all his back as the company stuffed him.....the infinite is definately the one to go for :)

i wouldnt hold the quality of the copper black totally against attack of the clones, yes it looks poor but the other gear seems ok so far to what i have read..not everyone bangs out good gear...hcigar seem to have a lot more competition now anyway :)

Hi, when i get sent a customer device i always give it a quick wipe over with a cape cod cloth, its kinda my default thing i do, just lets me see what im working with before i start any major work, gets rid of finger prints dirt etc.. and in this case the brass plating lol.
All i can go on is what my customer said, i asked where they got it and they said attackofthecones, thats as far as our conversation went.
With regards to the tobeco box issue, being a vendor i have had personnel experience of buying a product from a different company to tobeco and it arriving in a tobeco box, when i questioned the company they told me they do sell some tobeco products but the item i got was just packaged in there boxes because that's all they had as a gift box.
As always guys
peace
matt

So how many of these copper and brass mods are plated not solid then? this is the first I've heard of it.

Alot more than you would imagine! that is one reason we are yet to stock the brass nemesis,
But hopefully like our caravela mod we are in talks with a machining company to get them made to our specifications e.g. solid brass :-)
peace matt

Alot more than you would imagine! that is one reason we are yet to stock the brass nemesis,
But hopefully like our caravela mod we are in talks with a machining company to get them made to our specifications e.g. solid brass :-)
peace matt

My brass nem clone is plated? Surely not, I've polished the hell out of that thing. Took the logos off, sanded it for a good while. Did I misunderstand you? It's late :sleepy:

My brass nem clone is plated? Surely not, I've polished the hell out of that thing. Took the logos off, sanded it for a good while. Did I misunderstand you? It's late :sleepy:

No there are some solid brass nems out there but i am not happy with the quality, threading logo etc.. im very fussy.
That's why i will hopefully be getting them made to meet my specifications and requirements.

No there are some solid brass nems out there but i am not happy with the quality, threading logo etc.. im very fussy.
That's why i will hopefully be getting them made to meet my specifications and requirements.

I know that they changed a few features on the ones from ft after I got one of the first lot on there, like the base of the bottom had chamfer and a couple of other tiny differences

That was the second one from there that I got for spare but sold it on so hope its not some led pipe covered in brass or I'll have a certain young lady after me :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Stingray from AttackofTheClones.co.uk has arrived today. Threads are nice, engraving is very decent, silver plated contacts work great (floating pin). Brass inside and out. Switch was a little crunchy but 30 seconds with a file (a la Vern's Nemesis switch vid) and it's smooth. I'll post a few pics later tonight for your perusal and critique. I really like it. Came with the drip tip as pictured, came with a little pouch, came pretty quick for free delivery. Easily as good as my Nemesis clone although I do prefer the Angel Of Death logo but only marginally.

All the best, apes.

James :)

Stingray from AttackofTheClones.co.uk has arrived today. Threads are nice, engraving is very decent, silver plated contacts work great (floating pin). Brass inside and out. Switch was a little crunchy but 30 seconds with a file (a la Vern's Nemesis switch vid) and it's smooth. I'll post a few pics later tonight for your perusal and critique. I really like it. Came with the drip tip as pictured, came with a little pouch, came pretty quick for free delivery. Easily as good as my Nemesis clone although I do prefer the Angel Of Death logo but only marginally.

All the best, apes.

James :)

nice to see positive reports on this...maybe someone can put together a little help guide for people, admittedly like me, who may not immediately know what to look for when it comes to brass etc? just a thought

Back
Top Bottom