What's new

Supergood Butter 2 and Butter 6 DIY

Can anyone suggest a mesh rda as that is what i prefer.

Mesh RDAs are like hens teeth these days, but this eBay store has the Profile 1.5 in SS:

Otherwise you could post a wanted ad on here looking for something. I'm sure someone will have an old Profile v1 (arguably the best one), Profile v1.5, Profile PS, or Vandy Vape Mesh RDA collecting dust in a drawer.

I use a twisted coil on the ammit for flavour testing. No need for cotton, the juice is sucked up into the twists and is probably good for 3 or 4 good hits and it's a simple matter of dry burning off the excess before trying the next flavour. Used to follow a guy on YT when I started mixing called DIY vapor (an English guy living in the US), and learned it from him, pretty effective for flavour testing.

I use a twisted coil on the ammit for flavour testing. No need for cotton, the juice is sucked up into the twists and is probably good for 3 or 4 good hits and it's a simple matter of dry burning off the excess before trying the next flavour. Used to follow a guy on YT when I started mixing called DIY vapor (an English guy living in the US), and learned it from him, pretty effective for flavour testing.

That does sound really effective actually! Great tip!

I've got around 50 stock coils for tanks i don't use anymore. I'll use them up first, then maybe buy a RDA if needed. I want to avoid going down the rebuildable rabbit hole again if possible. 😊

I've got around 50 stock coils for tanks i don't use anymore. I'll use them up first, then maybe buy a RDA if needed. I want to avoid going down the rebuildable rabbit hole again if possible. 😊

It's wonderful down here with all the other Bunnies, Come Join us.

It's wonderful down here with all the other Bunnies, Come Join us.
I've got enough wire, coils and tools to open a shop. I got rid of all my rta's and drippers, and don't really have an interest in that anymore.
I'm happy with my Vaporesso Itank with the 0.2 coils, and just want to make a couple of juices i like, in case the ready made juice market goes the way of the pear. 🙂

I would definitely recommend an RDA for testing single flavour concentrates as you can easily and fully eliminate the taste of the last flavour tested giving you the true results.
Commercial e juice uses a shed load of Super Sweet which can give the interpretation of fullness, malic acid (sour)can help fruit flavours “pop”but be careful using ethyl maltol (cotton candy) as too much will mute flavour the same as using too much of a flavour will.
I strongly advise that you go over to e-liquid-recipes.com (it’s like my mixing bible) and go to the Flavor List page, type in for example Blueberry and then you will be presented with a long list and many pages of different manufacturers, click the top of the rating column on the far right with the stars underneath and it will give you a list in descending order from the best or most used blueberries. Click on one that takes your interest and it will take you to the next page all about that flavour including recommended percentages for testing and using in recipes, this page also gives other peoples testing results and thoughts. You will also be able to scroll down to the bottom and find all of the recipes that have been published using that flavour and what other flavours are mostly used with it. Sorry if I’ve confused anyone but I’m not the best at explaining things.

I've got enough wire, coils and tools to open a shop. I got rid of all my rta's and drippers, and don't really have an interest in that anymore.
I'm happy with my Vaporesso Itank with the 0.2 coils, and just want to make a couple of juices i like, in case the ready made juice market goes the way of the pear. 🙂
I know what you mean, i actually went a couple of weeks before the SX Mini Puremax dragged me back. It's just a never ending cycle, i have enough gear to probably last 2 Life Times and much of it will probably never get used again and enough Liquid and Nicotine to Refloat the Titanic. I still have things coming in the Post. If you can stay out of the Rabbit Hole then stay out. I sometimes think i am free but something drags me back.

I would definitely recommend an RDA for testing single flavour concentrates as you can easily and fully eliminate the taste of the last flavour tested giving you the true results.
Commercial e juice uses a shed load of Super Sweet which can give the interpretation of fullness, malic acid (sour)can help fruit flavours “pop”but be careful using ethyl maltol (cotton candy) as too much will mute flavour the same as using too much of a flavour will.
I strongly advise that you go over to e-liquid-recipes.com (it’s like my mixing bible) and go to the Flavor List page, type in for example Blueberry and then you will be presented with a long list and many pages of different manufacturers, click the top of the rating column on the far right with the stars underneath and it will give you a list in descending order from the best or most used blueberries. Click on one that takes your interest and it will take you to the next page all about that flavour including recommended percentages for testing and using in recipes, this page also gives other peoples testing results and thoughts. You will also be able to scroll down to the bottom and find all of the recipes that have been published using that flavour and what other flavours are mostly used with it. Sorry if I’ve confused anyone but I’m not the best at explaining things.
I've had a read of that site, and have a few ideas from it. It will be fun playing around with things. I'll get another rda if/when i use up the spare coils i have.

I know what you mean, i actually went a couple of weeks before the SX Mini Puremax dragged me back. It's just a never ending cycle, i have enough gear to probably last 2 Life Times and much of it will probably never get used again and enough Liquid and Nicotine to Refloat the Titanic. I still have things coming in the Post. If you can stay out of the Rabbit Hole then stay out. I sometimes think i am free but something drags me back.
I've definitely got an addictive personality too. I can't just buy one of a thing! 🙂

Back
Top Bottom