What's new

Sweetner

Sucralose based sweeteners like Cappella super sweet always taste burnt and over caramelised to me. I think they probably gunk up the coils too.

Next time I'm going to try the Neotame based Cappella extra sweet but I'm told it's very strong and to use it in tiny quantities.
I dont trust neotame

not one bit - its an aspartame for one, which is linked to all sorts of nasty stuff.

for me im old fashioned - i like to control the amount of sweetness more so than supersweet or these super strong things can do.

so if i use sweetener at all - which is rare, i will use good old fashioned tpa seeetner (which is sucralose at either 5 or 10% - cant remember - and use it sparingly.
In itself sucralose is hundreds of times sweeter than sugar - why we need products thousands of times sweeter than sucralose ill never know.
Actually i do - we have all been made accostomed to overly seeet juices by things like neotame or supersweet.

Over sweet juices make me yaff

Last edited:
Sweetener is like curry sauce, hides a multitude of sins, all this nonsense that it brings out this, rounds out that...pish:)
This

bang a load of random fruits together and a load of neotame - you have a juice ready for mass market

the craft is dying.

I have been there and done that @MarylinC37 . I have mixed from Recipes and also tried my own with equally bad results. I am either bad at it or the Recipe Creators are total liars with comments like i love this recipe, liquid is delish. I once tried what was supposed to be a clone with the Title, Chiri Clone. Better than the original. I bough the exact same flavours as the Recipe, let it steep i think it was 3 or 4 weeks and it was the worst thing i have ever tasted and people were saying how good it was. From then on i thought i would leave mixing alone. I could probably Cock Up 1 Shots lol.
Do you have a link to that ?
Id be very interested to see it - if only to see if they are barking up the right tree

Do you have a link to that ?
Id be very interested to see it - if only to see if they are barking up the right tree

It was a while ago but will see if i can find it again.

I mix my own juice from other peoples recipes but I seem to have found a winning formula on choosing them as nearly all of them are good. Firstly they have to be created by someone known to be competent with more than one successful recipe and then they have to have recent good reviews as what might have worked well in 2015 may be over flavoured and taste awful in more modern vaping equipment. Lastly they have to be a profile that I like which in my case is bakery recipes.
As for sweeteners I like my juice fairly/medium sweet so I use 0.5% of Capella Super Sweet in most of my mixes. I rarely use Cotton Candy/ethyl maltol as it can mute flavours.
I sometimes use Flavor West Sweetener for biscuit type recipes or Flavorah Sweetness for creamy profiles like custards because they seem to enhance those profiles.
One word of caution, after adding your sweetener and shaking the living daylights out of the bottle leave it a day before deciding to add any more because it can get sweeter with time. I hope this helps.

Hi @ZT, I think this is the one i tried but like i say it was a while ago. Just a note to add, for me it's nowhere near as good as the Original Chiricahua Sun. I have been vaping Manabush Chiri since i first started almost 4 years ago so know it quite well, obviously not as well as you :)

Cheery Chirry - Chiricahua Sun Clone E-Liquid Recipe - 99Juices
Wowsers ... In the words of luke skywalker in the recent films

"Almost everything they just said is wrong"

the only right thing was VG and PG

Tried it. Tastes nothing like it. Think you should consider updating your brand to the correct spelling tho:

Manna bush :18:

i think i remember wondering if there was a tiny bit of fa torrone in it. :)

Back
Top Bottom