What's new

Sweetner

My fav (Brew Bros), I found the Purilum built up fairly quickly on my mesh strips, no probs with cap SS.Rarely use sweeteners these days, a bit like getting used to tea without sugar, tastes better once you've adjusted to it.

View attachment 347954

50ml of sweetener that you use at 0.1 - 0.5% ? :19:

I haven't got though 10ml of sweetener in over 5 years. :D

With all this talk about flavour bans I'd definitely recommend having a go at doing a bit of mixing, at least just to have that oprion in reserve. :)

I have been there and done that @MarylinC37 . I have mixed from Recipes and also tried my own with equally bad results. I am either bad at it or the Recipe Creators are total liars with comments like i love this recipe, liquid is delish. I once tried what was supposed to be a clone with the Title, Chiri Clone. Better than the original. I bough the exact same flavours as the Recipe, let it steep i think it was 3 or 4 weeks and it was the worst thing i have ever tasted and people were saying how good it was. From then on i thought i would leave mixing alone. I could probably Cock Up 1 Shots lol.

I have been there and done that @MarylinC37 . I have mixed from Recipes and also tried my own with equally bad results. I am either bad at it or the Recipe Creators are total liars with comments like i love this recipe, liquid is delish. I once tried what was supposed to be a clone with the Title, Chiri Clone. Better than the original. I bough the exact same flavours as the Recipe, let it steep i think it was 3 or 4 weeks and it was the worst thing i have ever tasted and people were saying how good it was. From then on i thought i would leave mixing alone. I could probably Cock Up 1 Shots lol.

Relying on other peoples opinion about flavours is always a very dodgy idea. Most of the time I don't go looking for other peoples recipes unless I'm after something specific.

In the main, I start with what are my favourite flavours that I love the most and then construct my own recipes around them. With my last cherry recipe I was trying to do a taste-alike so used a recipe I found online as a template but a couple of the flavours weren't even on sale any more. To find the best cherry concentrate I ended up buying 4 x 10ml bottles of the most promising candidates and just did a simple spot test putting a small dot of each one on my finger and tasting to see which one was best which worked really well. After that it's just a matter of tinkering and tweaking the flavours and percentages to perfect it to suit what you like.

There's no text book that you have to follow and you only have to get it right for your own taste buds and who cares what anyone else might thinks.

For me to do anything , first and foremost i have to find it enjoyable. with Mixing, apart from me being crap at it, i just don't enjoy doing it. Besides that there are too many Liquids that i would miss.

For me to do anything , first and foremost i have to find it enjoyable. with Mixing, apart from me being crap at it, i just don't enjoy doing it. Besides that there are too many Liquids that i would miss.
!00% agree
Ive loved learning how to make coils/wicking over the years, its an immediate reward where mixing isnt. I am enjoying it but itll never be a 'hobby', just a means to an end (hopefully)
Premades can go t*ts up as we all know, so Im mixing through necessity if you see what I mean. It wont stop me buying new shortfills (Ive just bought 20 100ml bottles of bargain juice I really like), but its a good fallback for me to have a go

Although a Twister Lolly recipe I found seems very promising after 3 weeks steeping and Id enjoy mixing that if it works out :)

Last edited:
!00% agree
Ive loved learning how to make coils/wicking over the years, its an immediate reward where mixing isnt. I am enjoying it but itll never be a 'hobby', just a means to an end (hopefully)
Premades can go t*ts up as we all know, so Im mixing through necessity if you see what I mean. It wont stop me buying new shortfills (Ive just bought 20 100ml bottles of bargain juice I really like), but its a good fallback for me to have a go

Although a Twister Lolly recipe I found seems very promising after 3 weeks steeping and Id enjoy mixing that if it works out :)

I fully understand and respect people who make there own Liquid and also the people who worry about Vaping going Pear Shaped, i have already made my Decision if Vaping becomes difficult for any reason. I do enjoy Vaping i really do but it's not something i worry about. At the end of the day whatever is going to happen will happen no matter our thoughts and views. All we can do is prepare ourselves and move on maybe in a totally different direction. Worry and Anxiety over things we have no control over can be far worse for you than maybe having to start smoking again. I say Good Luck to everyone who Vapes, just don't let the Bastards grind you down, your all better than that.

Sweetener is like curry sauce, hides a multitude of sins, all this nonsense that it brings out this, rounds out that...pish:)

I rarely add it to any liquids I mix but I use Cap Super Sweet in my tea and coffee. One drop per cup, less carbs and much cheaper than sugar.

Back
Top Bottom