What's new

Review SXmini Q Mini Review

HandsomeStan

Postman
2016-12-14 20.30.48.jpg

I have been vaping around 5 years now, not many mods have impressed me as much as SXmini. The evolution between each version might not make massive leaps but each time they refine what the original M class got so right. I think with the Q mini they have really created something special.

As always the 510 is a solid stainless steel base, superb buttery threads and imo one of the best adjustable 510 pins on any mod, with a lot of travel allowing everything I chuck at it to sit flush. The big change here is the 510 base is 25mm allowing the latest bigger atties to look great with no overhang as you can see in this pic topped with a Griffin 25.
2016-12-16 21.52.26.jpg

Another thing YiHi always got right and continue to with the Q mini is the fire button and plus/minus buttons are very solid, no play or rattles and they have a satisfying tactile click to them.

The Q mini is presented in a smart looking box with the usual warranty card and pull out instruction booklet just like with the Q class, however the supplied USB cable is now a top quality braided cable with gold plated contacts, a nice addition which suits the quality of the mod and the price tag.
2016-12-14 21.18.47.jpg

They have managed to really slim the Q mini down in comparison to the original Q and it weighs less too making it more comfortable to hold and more pocket friendly. Probably due to the size reduction some features have been dropped. It no longer has the tilt sensor which I personally found irritating and one of the first things I turned off so I don't miss it but others might. The only real negative to me over the original Q class is only one door is removable meaning you can't switch colours, this does however have the bonus of a more solid feeling mod, the battery door is a more sturdy fit than before too.
2016-12-14 21.20.12.jpg

What is new this time is Bluetooth, combined with the sxi-q app you can now adjust settings, custom power curves and profiles in real time on your phone and also the ability to update the firmware. This is a great bonus for people who don't have access to Sxi-q software on a pc. The only missing features I've found is a custom screen designer on the app, hopefully it will be added later as well as an android version of the app, as for now it's just on ios (iphone/ipad)
2016-12-16 22.04.44.jpg

I'm a simple vaper, 20-25 watts is my max so 200 watts is more than enough. I do like a bit of stainless steel temp control though which thankfully the Q mini does superbly and it has a preset for 316 ss too now. Anyone familiar with an sx mini will feel right at home with the menu and screen layout, if it ain't broke and all that! I've been very impressed with battery life, dual 18650 at 20 watts is lasting me about a day and a half and I'm a heavy chain vaper. The speedy 2a charging is working a treat, so far so good, batteries have drained evenly and charged evenly. I usually use my separate xtar charger but if your caught short then the on board charging will do you proud.

Looks wise I think it's the nicest sxmini yet, the matt black finish has a textured feeling and is nice and grippy, the stainless steel wings on the door set it all off nicely. I will be bagging a Q mini in red too as soon as Cremedevape get stock as I do love the glossy car paint finish YiHi mastered on the Q class.
Positives
  • Smaller, lighter and feels more solid
  • 25mm stainless 510 top cap/plate
  • 2a balanced charging
  • Very comfy and pocket friendly
  • Bluetooth and Phone app
  • Braided USB with gold plated contacts
  • Battery life
  • The usual suspects, presentation, 510, buttons, no rattle, superb fit & finish, SX450JBT board, accuracy
Negatives
  • Only one door is removable so you can't switch colours
  • No android app yet
  • Tilt sensor has been removed
I have to say I'm very impressed with this little beauty, the only negatives I can think of are minor and the improvements easily outweigh them. The Q mini is the Q class perfected. Well done YiHi now hurry up with the G class please :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom