What's new

How To Taifun GT cotton wick for different VG/PG and big clouds!

Hehe, that was the missis, they go well with some vapemunki bazzila custard ;)

(She is getting a bit miffed i keep taking over the kitchen bench with my kit, a random micro coil did turn up in the sugar bowl the other day, whoops!! :)

So I decided to be brave and bore out my Taifun's air holes, some crazy vapour from this RTA now! :)

Excellent :)

Have a spare GT here that I'm playing with at mo - what mm bit did you use to take it out to ?

Excellent :)

Have a spare GT here that I'm playing with at mo - what mm bit did you use to take it out to ?

Just over 2.5mm. I wasn't brave enough to go straight in with a drill, but I got the trusty dremel out with some diamond pin wheels and enlarged the hole first so a 2.5mm bit very nearly fit, then drilled it out with that. Flared the hole with the dremel again to finish and make it all look nice, job done!. It's like puffing on a dripper with the amount of vapour :)

Just finished doing my second one this eve :)

Tried this build Sunday and still going strong no leaks or gurggle . Removing the airflow plug and insulator make the draw so much better too. Thanks boss

Not bad, pretty much the set up I used when I got my first taifun gt, but now I use a 2.5mm rod and 7 wraps which is now my favorite :sly:

Sent from my SK17i using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Hi guys,new user here from Malaysia. I use 28g KanthalA1 8 wraps on 3mm screwdriver(1.3ohm) and run considerably thick cotton thru the 3mm hole, snips off the tails to about .3mm and voila! no leaking.(with stock airhole)
i've been using the same setup for awhile now ever since i got it 3months ago. i also own a KFL+ but oh man, taifun is definitely better imo :)

sorry nothing fancy to contribute to the thread.

I heard a comment about drilling out clones and possibly exposing brass under the surface metal. Is there a reason you wouldn't want to Cape through brass? I believe I also heard that some brass contains lead for easier machining. Could that be the reason? Any thoughts or comments. I have an hcigar Tai fun GT and thought about opening up the airflow until I heard about the brass.

I heard a comment about drilling out clones and possibly exposing brass under the surface metal. Is there a reason you wouldn't want to Cape through brass? I believe I also heard that some brass contains lead for easier machining. Could that be the reason? Any thoughts or comments. I have an hcigar Tai fun GT and thought about opening up the airflow until I heard about the brass.

There was no brass in either of my Taifun's after drilling out the holes :) Think the FT one was chrome plated brass a while back but pretty sure they changed that after lots of complaints.

I've taken out the air tube and the insulator and recoiled and wicked with cotton wool (1.5 ohms) and for some reason theres LESS vapour than before, now i have'nt drilled out the airhole as got to get metal drll bit, but surely with the airtube and insulator out i would STILL notice some improvement?????

Sent from a vape cloud using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom