What's new

tampons/rags for wicking material?

BD1

Postman
Just throwing this out there....

I see them adverts on TV showing tampons and such girly products sucking up blue liquid faster than george best sucked up beer.

Wonder if we cut apart a tampon, would it be any good in a coil?

Who's going to be the first brave bloke to go in boots and walk up to the counter and slap down a pack of jam rolls on the counter? :5:

Just throwing this out there....

I see them adverts on TV showing tampons and such girly products sucking up blue liquid faster than george best sucked up beer.

Wonder if we cut apart a tampon, would it be any good in a coil?

Who's going to be the first brave bloke to go in boots and walk up to the counter and slap down a pack of jam rolls on the counter? :5:

No

There is a another thread around here asking exactly the same question. You'll find the general consensus there

I'm not an expert in womens sanitary products, but id imagine they'd have some form of crystal based absorption :-/

I could be totally wrong, but stick with the standard cotton / silica / muji wicks

I'm not an expert in womens sanitary products, but id imagine they'd have some form of crystal based absorption :-/

I could be totally wrong, but stick with the standard cotton / silica / muji wicks

That would be tena!

The other thread went into all the specs of tampons :umm:

I took apart a Sharpie marker (new...my mistake) and spent a few hours rinsing the fluff of ink...that stuff is without a doubt the best for our uses.

Except it burns for no reason. Once I had made a wick it pretty much just ashed itself on first firing...but we should keep looking..someone found cotton..someone will find the successor.

But it isnt the stuff inside a Sharpie, absorbs like crazy, holds tons of liquid..but burns

Back
Top Bottom