What's new

ZQ Xtal Pod Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up... Roll up
Hello my fellow Vape Apes...

This was very kindly sent to me from Rico @ZQ.Vapor , the review and thoughts in it are entirely my own and nobody else's. Neither have I been paid for my thoughts.

When Rico first contacted me I had never really heard much about ZQ so apologises for that but after a bit of research and seeing a couple reviews on YouTube I decided to give it a go as it sounded very promising for a new starter or easy MTL kit.

First thoughts..

My first thoughts were it looks very much like the caliburn which I have only seen other people use so cant compare to much but i do use the xros daily and its similar to that so can do little comparisons between the two.

It felt lightweight, fits nicely in the hand is a great little vape to carry around with ease.
I particularly like the attention to the shaping of the mod.
I was disappointed to see another black pod but we will see later if that's a problem or not.

I've been using this product for about a week now and have to say I've been fairly impressed.
When opening the box its packaged nicely with the mod sat on top of the spares, warranty cards, micro usb etc. I was also very happy to see 2 pods included in the kit a pro for me in any product.

20201205_165503.jpg

The mod..

I've been sent the red version but it does come in 5 different colour options.

20201208_112425.jpg

It's a simply 5 clicks on 5 clicks off and has 3 different draw modes which are activated by 3 clicks of the power button, auto draw, button draw and auto/button, so far in my testing I've had no problems with auto draw and its been very responsive as has the button push draw.
For a little pod system it has lots of different safety features built in, child safety, time out cut off, short circuit protection and low voltage protection which gives piece of mind especially to a new vaper.
It also houses a 520MAH battery which so far hasnt been an issue and has lasted a day if not more depending on how often you use it. I have to say I was abit dubious how the battery would last but so far I've been very impressed. Although if I was using this as my daily go to vape every day I'm not sure how long it would last me and with only micro usb charging and not type C you would be charging it often, I've found it takes around 60 minutes to charge so not overall a massive problem if you're somewhere with a charging point especially as it allows pass through charging.

Its button also acts as a led battery indicator and has 3 levels of battery life. I did find that when the light hit red it was only around 5/8 puffs until it died which for me is far from 30% left.

Green: 60-100%

Blue: 30-60%

Red: 0-30%

The pod..

Included in the kit is 2x 1.2ohm nichrome pods. Which is promoted for being a flavour coil and it doesn't disappoint.
They also have another pod which is a 1ohm coil designed for vapour which can be purchased separately. I kind of wish they would put both pods in each kit to cater for everyone, but it's not a huge problem as you can purchase a pack of 4 on zq website for around €12
20201209_075644.jpg

The Xtal is another dark pod although this time it hasnt been a problem as it is light enough in all angles and sunlight to see the remaining juice left inside and with the pods holding 1.8ml juice it lasts a fair amount of time before having to refill
20201207_111916.jpg

To refill the pod you remove it from the mod and underneath there is a plastic filling port which clips to the pod something I've yet to see in a pod, it has worked perfectly during testing but still worrys me to how easy it could break or snap meaning you would have to throw the pod away before the coil is finished. The filling hole is also rather small so may struggle with bigger nozzles or shortfil bottles.
I20201207_111941.jpg

How does it perform...

Giving the coils are higher resistance I would expect this to be a decent tight MTL and for me it's quite airy on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being sucking in air I would say a 6.5/7 the same as the xros airflow being over half way open, so possibly for somebody wanting to get of cigarettes and have the same throat hit and draw as one this may be a little airy.
I found that blocking one of the air holes either side or putting a little tape over them really tightened the draw up and it worked perfectly and if anything made for a warmer more flavourful vape.

As for flavour this little pod kit really shines with fruit nic salt juices the flavour is very decent indeed and so far I've had a solid 5 days with the same pod and it hasnt started to drop yet which is perfect for a out and about vape without worrying about taking spare pods etc.

Pros and Niggles

Pros

Decent flavour

Dead simple to use

Decent battery life

Nice design

Different draw options

Good colour options

Niggles

Tight to fill hole

‘MTL’ Airflow may be to loose for some

No type C charging

No 1ohm coils included

Overall thoughts..

For me this is a cracking little device for somebody looking for an easy out and about vape who likes a loose MTL, unless you tape the airholes then will be perfect for a new vaper looking to quit.
Also throughout using this device I think it would be suited for somebody who is going down the pub for an evening or out for the day and wants something easy to carry with a battery life would last you all night or most of the afternoon out without worrying or taking to much space up in your pockets.

For the price, ease of use and flavour of this little pod I certainly wouldn't stop anyone from buying one and would happily reccomend it to somebody wanting a small easy pod system.

For anyone interested in buying this little pod system it's currently €21.99 on the website
https://www.zqvapor.com/zq-xtal-pod-system.html

Thank you once again to Rico @ZQ.Vapor and to anyone who's taking time to read my review

Sam

Last edited:
Nice review Sam. I'm using one just now and it seems to take an age to empty the tank! I am using it with other things as well though so not purely using the Xtal. A good wee starter kit imo.

Nice review Sam. I'm using one just now and it seems to take an age to empty the tank! I am using it with other things as well though so not purely using the Xtal. A good wee starter kit imo.
Thank you mate yeah it's a decent pod capacity for sure will intrested to read your thoughts on it!
100% my brother is looking for soemthing I think it would be perfect for him

Thanks for the review mate. Looks very promising.

Nice review mate; good option for those who want to try vaping. Pod now are quite impressive.

Back
Top Bottom