What's new

tampons/rags for wicking material?

Just throwing this out there....

I see them adverts on TV showing tampons and such girly products sucking up blue liquid faster than george best sucked up beer.

Wonder if we cut apart a tampon, would it be any good in a coil?

Who's going to be the first brave bloke to go in boots and walk up to the counter and slap down a pack of jam rolls on the counter? :5:

HAHAH not me, thats for sure lol

I often wonder (usually as we sit down around tea time) why they use blue liquid? I mean, we know what they are for, colouring it blue doesn't change anything.

I took apart a Sharpie marker (new...my mistake) and spent a few hours rinsing the fluff of ink...that stuff is without a doubt the best for our uses.

Except it burns for no reason. Once I had made a wick it pretty much just ashed itself on first firing...but we should keep looking..someone found cotton..someone will find the successor.

But it isnt the stuff inside a Sharpie, absorbs like crazy, holds tons of liquid..but burns

I'm surprised some dirty fucker hasn't tried using their bum fluff as wicking material! :-/

What about wadding type stuff?(Aquarium filter floss) Probably toxic but can buy it dirt cheap by the meter,

Back
Top Bottom