What's new

Tanks are getting bigger!

scrumpox

Veteran
The TPD is coming, the corrupt lawmakers at the EU say we only need 2mls. If we listen to the rumours, taxation on vaping will also raise its ugly head, juice specifically and vaping in general are set to become more expensive, perhaps narrowing the current cost advantage in switching from fags. It's a public health obscenity.

Some have predicted that this will herald the demise of subohming, that vapers will want to conserve their costly juice. But the evidence right now points towards tanks getting bigger and bigger. Decks are bigger so coils can be bigger, juice consumption is going up not down. Mods tend to be bigger these days, dual and triple 18650 devices like the RX200 seem to be ubiquitous. Certainly, nobody seems that fussed anymore about atties being 22mm to sit flush on their mech tubes (yeah, do you still remember those mech tubes?) ;)

25mm and even 30mm tanks, holding 6-10mls of juice is where the manufacturers are going ... Steam Crave, Geek Vape, Smok and others ... and they will only do this if vapers demand it.

It has to mean that more and more vapers are getting into DIY, right? They're the ones who can whack through so much juice without batting an eyelid ... it also means vapers are sticking two fingers up at the TPD. You want us to use 2ml tanks? F*** you Brussels, my tank holds 10ml. :D

I have a feeling these large tanks are so folks can get them bnefore the shite hits the fan. Knowing people will buy them now because of the TPD rules which means the manufacturers know the money will come for the next couple of months, then cut off so it may be they will have a limited amount then all of a sudden these tanks will disapear and the little 2ml and under tanks will be all that come out.
There is also the fact that the rules are for the tpd so affect the EU, other countries will still have no problem with buying selling and using them so is the reason these large tanks are becoming the in thing

Hmmm. I have no desire to own a 10ml tank... except for the fact that I know they won't be so easy to come by as they are now, so of course, maybe I should get one, kind of thing! So I guess you are kind of onto something there @scrumpox and @crustyfolker

I'm still not freaking out about the absence of 2ml+ tanks post-tpd. Steam crave offer two different top caps for the aromamizer for 3ml or 6ml, I could envision a scenario where you simply buy a longer glass tube, which is still currently allowed by Brussels. They've come up with a totally unenforceable pointless law.

More worried about China banning vaping, then we're screwed!

China banning vaping won't really affect there exports, they'll still produce.

............ If we listen to the rumours, taxation on vaping will also raise its ugly head, juice specifically and vaping in general are set to become more expensive, perhaps narrowing the current cost advantage in switching from fags. It's a public health obscenity................

Cheer up mate! They can increase (with impunity) the price of cigarettes too anyway, thereby maintaining a price difference. Everybody wins!:p

bigtank.jpg

Back
Top Bottom