What's new

(This is it) TPD Regulations 2016

If I were still biking I would be right up there with you. I'm not permitted to drive my car in any German city because of similar rules :(

Wasn't having a go mate, just saying there is still a fight and we can all still do our bit and legally too! Personally, though I did sign the 100K, I don't think petitions usually work but neither does the CEO (or ex-CEO) of a major vaping company threatening to kneecap a senior DoH official :11:

I didn't take it as such mate, I like passion in people and I appreciate it when people care. .... that's all I took it as.

The NHS is under increasing pressure and after aforementioned research has confirmed the inevitable it would become clear that tens of millions of lost tax £ from smokers switching to vaping would be re couped from NHS savings in smoking related disease.

I'm not sure that's true.

Smoking saves the NHS money via premature deaths. Long term care for the elderly, on the other hand, is very expensive.

Smoking is fantastic for the government on every level. It provides a lifetime of tax, and curtails their duty of care for many. I don't think that the government will ever be able to replace the tax lost from ex-smokers via vaping.

Overall, I'm not too concerned about the TPD. I feel for juice manufacturers, who I think will be made to jump through hoops, although I really wouldn't oppose a food hygiene type ranking, but I think most here will see little difference. It might be a bit more inconvenient, but it won't stop us, and the corner shop EGO sales don't really get affected.

The real winners out of this will be the likes of FastTech. If you want more than a 2ml tank there will be no other choice.

The real winners out of this will be the likes of FastTech. If you want more than a 2ml tank there will be no other choice.

Now where was it I heard that the manufacturers will still be allowed to include a longer glass tube in the tank's packaging, as a glass tube is not a vape product, kind of thing? Suspect it was at one of the advocacy talks at vape jam. One of the loopholes the uk has allowed to be exploited.

Now where was it I heard that the manufacturers will still be allowed to include a longer glass tube in the tank's packaging, as a glass tube is not a vape product, kind of thing? Suspect it was at one of the advocacy talks at vape jam. One of the loopholes the uk has allowed to be exploited.

Nothing is a Vape product when it clearly states on the box 'Not for use with electronic cigarettes, this is a novelty item only' or words to the effect of [emoji6]

Nothing is a Vape product when it clearly states on the box 'Not for use with electronic cigarettes, this is a novelty item only' or words to the effect of [emoji6]

Cleito Fat Boy glass = novelty goldfish bowl for miniature fish ;)

I'm not sure that's true.

Smoking saves the NHS money via premature deaths. Long term care for the elderly, on the other hand, is very expensive.

Smoking is fantastic for the government on every level. It provides a lifetime of tax, and curtails their duty of care for many. I don't think that the government will ever be able to replace the tax lost from ex-smokers via vaping.
I did some research into this a month ago and wrote this in another thread. The 'savings' from premature death are one of the things highlighted by ASH, IIRC.

'ASH say the cost of smoking and everything related to it (healthcare, fires, lost work days, cheeky fag breaks, anything they can tag on to make it higher) is c£14 billion, but omits the reduction in benefits paid to those who die early. The TMA say tobacco tax revenue is c£12 billion, so the net cost of smoking seems to be c£2 billion.

My tinfoil hat says that the profit of tobacco companies (and therefore their shareholders), estimated at between £1.1 - £1.8 billion is more of a reason for the anti-vaping stance. Then there's big pharma who, it could be argued, are set to lose revenue from both (less effective than vaping) cessation aids and treatments for smoking related illness.'

I did some research into this a month ago and wrote this in another thread. The 'savings' from premature death are one of the things highlighted by ASH, IIRC.

'ASH say the cost of smoking and everything related to it (healthcare, fires, lost work days, cheeky fag breaks, anything they can tag on to make it higher) is c£14 billion, but omits the reduction in benefits paid to those who die early. The TMA say tobacco tax revenue is c£12 billion, so the net cost of smoking seems to be c£2 billion.

My tinfoil hat says that the profit of tobacco companies (and therefore their shareholders), estimated at between £1.1 - £1.8 billion is more of a reason for the anti-vaping stance. Then there's big pharma who, it could be argued, are set to lose revenue from both (less effective than vaping) cessation aids and treatments for smoking related illness.'

Totally agree. Worldwide the whole anti vaping stance is being pushed hard by BT and BP, regardless of what your friendly local MP may tell you.

Back
Top Bottom