What's new

Titanium Wire Feedback

pf have you noticed a differnce in flavour? Seem to be getting a sour taste from my juices! Don't know if I've got a cold coming though.

pf have you noticed a differnce in flavour? Seem to be getting a sour taste from my juices! Don't know if I've got a cold coming though.
Not noticed any sour flavour but the flavours are a lot more intense and I'm getting a depth that ive not noticed before.

With RY4 I'm getting a top note that's sort of sour, more like... umm... A slight citric taste.

Wondering if it was there all the time but it's being brought out by the extra flavour?

I've just tried it with my favourite DIY strawberry waffles from a bottle I've had on the go for a couple of weeks so I know what it should taste like. It is normally a rich, deep and sweet flavour without being sickly. There is a definite bitterness from the strawberry that I do not normally pick up. The strawberry is quite an earthy flavour and it has brought that out. I think it is just bringing more of the complexity out than I usually get. It seems to be burning it a little even though I've had to drop it right down to 3.4. I think it just is bringing a lot more out of the flavours. I'm also getting more of an aftertaste (a pleasent one).

The RY4 seems fine, have got that in the ce4. Perhaps it's just the vivi nova. Had ocean bounty in there and have just switched to going bananas. OK taste on the inhale and exhale. Just a different taste left afterwards. I will persevere with it. Perhaps it is just that you get more taste than what your used too.

Righty Rob got mine today

I have tried and tried to get it to work with the geny .. but No go (it birst into flames at one point .. just from voltage heating!|).. I have however got it to work in my Igo L ... gives a real nice "pure" tasting vape .. very nice!

so pro's :

It gives a great vape when you have it working it tastes fab in fact
Rob gave me loads of it

Cons :

defo not the beginner .. if you do geny via the drill bit method .. you will never do it .. its too springy! and to just wrap it round the wick .. its boings so much (even after annealing) that you tend to have faffed up your ss wick before you even get to testing point.

It can spring into flame just from getting too much V's .. this worries me slightly .. if you have a high Ohm head on .. then change it for a low ohm head with this on .. I would be worried about it catching fire.

also as noted above the ohms drop .. I found annealing the crap out of it before use stopped this some.

I found the strawberry waffles really only tasted good at very low voltage on a 2.9 coil. I think if you like to tinker then it would be ok, but if im being honest I prefer kanthal. It is just easier to work with and my little firework display, whilst being spectacular, was a little alarming :D I've been using it for a couple of days now and whilst the flavour is more intense a times, it can have good or bad effects on the flavour.

Arrived today and really just adding to what ZT said above.

Until a tried and tested way of taking the tension out the wire is found, personally wouldn't sell this to anyone without a severe danger warning!!!

Tried lightly flaming with a lighter, some success but a very fine line between fireworks and tension removal.

Connected to terminals on atty and pulsed for a wee while but doesn't take enough of the tension out to use on a SS wick, silica wick no problem but SS, forget it!

With the silica setup in a dripper, found it started off at 1.2 then quickly rose to 1.4 after only a few puffs, that was 5 wraps round a 3mm wick. Def give a nice vape, lots of vapour which I would expect at the resistance but the taste was improved, on that I have no doubt.

Going to keep at it but after 2hrs of farting about here, stuff can be dangerous if it starts burning (you all know that anyway), I would really be worried about novices trying this :(

However, thanks Rob, yer a good man for letting me try this and will keep you updated :)

Yep! what todd said!

forgot to add:

a : thanks !
and b: I'm not sure the extra flavour is worth you getting sued over someone loosing their lips!

although... It does give good flavour!

Last edited:
Ok, I've zeroed the stock for now while I think about it.

So if it wasn't springy it would be ok?

I'm fully prepared to pursue titanium resistance wire, mainly because of the improvement in flavour. There are other options including different grades which I'm going to talk about with the factory tomorrow. It's been a pricey experiment so I'm naturally disappointed.

Resistance wise how does everyone feel?

Back
Top Bottom