What's new

Twisted 28g build help

NicotineNik

Postman
Good evening fella Vapers and sub ohmers!

Got myself into a pickle, stepped on my bloody ohm checker boooooooo!

Now today is the first day I've gone down the twisted root, pre twisted a few feet of 28g earlier today at work and couldn't wait to get a build going tonite, but as you probably guessed now I can't check what resistance it is.

Do any of you know how many wraps, what size diameter would get me to around the 0.3-0.5 ohm mark? I have no idea what effect it has on the resistance of the wire.

Gutted I couldn't set it up staroght away

Thanks in advance

Stay foggy guys

I'd say forget it till you can get a new checker, not cos of knowing the resistance, but what about shorts, building a coil so low without been 100% sure there's no shorts is daft imo

I'd say forget it till you can get a new checker, not cos of knowing the resistance, but what about shorts, building a coil so low without been 100% sure there's no shorts is daft imo

Yeah true, got a bit over excited and didn't think of that at the time, I'll put it in my vape later box

Good evening fella Vapers and sub ohmers!

Got myself into a pickle, stepped on my bloody ohm checker boooooooo!

Now today is the first day I've gone down the twisted root, pre twisted a few feet of 28g earlier today at work and couldn't wait to get a build going tonite, but as you probably guessed now I can't check what resistance it is.

Do any of you know how many wraps, what size diameter would get me to around the 0.3-0.5 ohm mark? I have no idea what effect it has on the resistance of the wire.

Gutted I couldn't set it up staroght away

Thanks in advance

Stay foggy guys

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

i use 28awg kanthal and a 2.5mm bit. the average wrap comes out at 0.2 ohm so 5 wraps = 1ohm ( or near as dammit) with twisted you half the ohms as you would a dual coil build

I have been doing 3 wires twisted dual coil 4 wraps on 2.5mm drillbit comeing out at 0.27 hope that helps some

How to do 3 wire twist ?

you plat it lol?

or twist 2 wires, then twist the 2, with the one?

Haha platting it could very well be an option from some crazy builds I've seen, but no lol just the same as twisting 2 wires but with 3, I tried it today and came out spot on but still gonna wait till I've got my Meyer till I use any of the twisted wire

Haha platting it could very well be an option from some crazy builds I've seen, but no lol just the same as twisting 2 wires but with 3, I tried it today and came out spot on but still gonna wait till I've got my Meyer till I use any of the twisted wire

Hmm but i dont understand,

I make a hoop and hook onto a holder on the drill grab one side with the pilers and press the drill button = 2 sides of the hoop twist, how would i add 1 more strand of wire to twist, and how does it twist evenly .. seems odd.

Back
Top Bottom