What's new

UK Lockdown Extended Until July 17th?

Stop winding me the fcuk up.It's enough reading about those idiots swanning around like they didn't have a care in the world but to hear it on here is annoying.The trouble with people 'popping' out to see (post name of person you want to kill you) is that they believe it's safe because everyone else is following the rules.They are not you dumb asses,they're doing what your doing thinking exactly the same as you.

My highlight of Saturday night now that the pubs are shut is climbing the stairs to put my mums electric blanket on for her.
#paranoiddiabetic

You could always put it on a timer switch, that's what I did with my mum's. :)

yep the mrs got told yesterday she isnt going back to work till july so pubs will be closed till then maybe even a bit longer according to her GM

Last edited:
I don't think it's to bad a thing to do, as long as you trust the person involved, and know they behave themselves in these times.

What else are you going to do to maintain some mental heath, and semblance of reality.

The idea of being in a "bubble" with one person is crazy, so if I bubble with my best friend, my wife can't then bubble with her best friend, and vice versa.
What about the times when my daughter is back from Uni, should I say to her "yes you can come here for a few weeks, but you can't see your best friend"

Agree, proceed with caution, respect the virus and others..... but Im done with living as if Im infected.

The longer you extend restrictions the less sense it makes and the more damage you do.

If all the priority groups are vaccinated by 15th Feb and their 10 weeks beyond that point is up as well, why keep the country heavily restricted?

Deaths and hospital cases will decrease significantly , deaths more than anything. Can you really justify keeping many businesses shut if there is very little risk?

The more you vaccinate the lower and lower the risk factor drops. My wonder however is why haven't hospital cases significantly started dropping after 3-4 weeks of a lockdown already? What is going wrong with the current rules to still have the virus spreading when everyone is at home?

It's not this new strain bollocks. Because if people have nowhere to go then it's much harder to transmit a virus even if you claim it's more catchable

The longer you extend restrictions the less sense it makes and the more damage you do.

If all the priority groups are vaccinated by 15th Feb and their 10 weeks beyond that point is up as well, why keep the country heavily restricted?

Deaths and hospital cases will decrease significantly , deaths more than anything. Can you really justify keeping many businesses shut if there is very little risk?

The more you vaccinate the lower and lower the risk factor drops. My wonder however is why haven't hospital cases significantly started dropping after 3-4 weeks of a lockdown already? What is going wrong with the current rules to still have the virus spreading when everyone is at home?

It's not this new strain bollocks. Because if people have nowhere to go then it's much harder to transmit a virus even if you claim it's more catchable
Thing about who and what businesses are included in this lockdown.
It's a small fraction compared to the first one so apart from non essential travel and pubs the UK is ticking along as normal.
Im not even sure why its called a "lockdown" tbh.

What is going wrong with the current rules to still have the virus spreading when everyone is at home?
Not everyone is at home though, the amount of traffic is insane.

My 5yo grandson is now isolating, due to a case in the reception class.

Thing about who and what businesses are included in this lockdown.
It's a small fraction compared to the first one so apart from non essential travel and pubs the UK is ticking along as normal.
Im not even sure why its called a "lockdown" tbh.
I mean most shops are closed, that's an issue if they aren't a multi chain type of store.
Not everyone is at home though, the amount of traffic is insane.

My 5yo grandson is now isolating, due to a case in the reception class.

Then that's the issue , more people out. Wasn't like that in march onwards.

Should have been less reason to have people on roads.

It's like a construction job in my city. They are going to work as normal but there has been a massive breakout of covid on the site. Makes you wonder did they all need to be in work currently. However some others would argue it is fine for the most part.

Part of what we are seeing is the knock on from Christmas and new year I reckon as well remember it was only three weeks ago

Last edited:
Part of what we are seeing is the knock on from Christmas and new year I reckon as well remeber it was only three weeks ago
Yeah there is always a lull in the numbers because of the 2 week potential cases still to appear. Which makes the longer restrictions in mind a better idea than November.

There has to be a drop within 2 weeks though in theory. Just on the basis there is far less people out or should be. So less spread and therefore less people getting it.

It still amazes me that 10 months later how so many people 85 and over have been exposed to the virus knowing full well the concequences of it. A very specific age group with the highest risk , how on earth can thousands of them still be catching covid and why hasn't anything tougher been in place to protect them?

Back
Top Bottom