What's new

UK Lockdown Extended Until July 17th?

Yeah there is always a lull in the numbers because of the 2 week potential cases still to appear. Which makes the longer restrictions in mind a better idea than November.

There has to be a drop within 2 weeks though in theory. Just on the basis there is far less people out or should be. So less spread and therefore less people getting it.

It still amazes me that 10 months later how so many people 85 and over have been exposed to the virus knowing full well the concequences of it. A very specific age group with the highest risk , how on earth can thousands of them still be catching covid and why hasn't anything tougher been in place to protect them?

Sadly - there are not less people out - at least not from what I can see.

on this note the guy we know who worked in our buildings occasionally has got out of hospital today after three months in an induced covid coma on a ventilator. He’s had a heart attack and strokes while he’s been down

no known underlying issues and as fit as a fiddle as well.

Is there any medication available for irritable wiffling syndrome?

Not everyone is at home though, the amount of traffic is insane.

My 5yo grandson is now isolating, due to a case in the reception class.
Not sure if it will show on the link so I've screen shotted it.
It's cases reported each week in early years and child care settings.
Only goes upto Jan 4th but you can guess what it looks like three weeks on.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...arly_years_and_childcare_settings.csv/preview

Screenshot_20210126-181856_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210126-181905_Chrome.jpg

The longer you extend restrictions the less sense it makes and the more damage you do.

If all the priority groups are vaccinated by 15th Feb and their 10 weeks beyond that point is up as well, why keep the country heavily restricted?

Deaths and hospital cases will decrease significantly , deaths more than anything. Can you really justify keeping many businesses shut if there is very little risk?

The more you vaccinate the lower and lower the risk factor drops. My wonder however is why haven't hospital cases significantly started dropping after 3-4 weeks of a lockdown already? What is going wrong with the current rules to still have the virus spreading when everyone is at home?

It's not this new strain bollocks. Because if people have nowhere to go then it's much harder to transmit a virus even if you claim it's more catchable

that would be the kind of ill considered move that has led us to be in the situation we are in now. there are a number of reasons why this is a bad idea, they are outlined in a thing @Mitz posted a few days ago (second time i’ve done this :D )

but in short the people who are experts don’t think that what you suggest is a good idea.

:10:

‘Non-essential’ retailers are closed too.

most things are shut round my bit. it’s not that different from the first lockdown as far as i can see. i think we are just more accustomed to it.

Well it all seems to slotting together now.

@StrawberryRipple and @knome posted the articles about the little publicised change to the law changing the end date to 17 July.

Today I read an article where the head of AstraZeneca (I think it was) said that the vaccine supply would stabilise when the UK had vaccinated 75% of the population enabling herd immunity, probably around the 14 July.

It's like watching a jigsaw puzzle being slowly completed, but we don't have the picture on the box to go by.......................

Back
Top Bottom