What's new

Ultrasonic Cleaner For Steeping. Will it Really Work?

richyb

I know this subject has come up a lot but a lot of the threads have gone stale on result updates from posters.

I got some flavor shots from one shots from justvape247 (waiting for delivery) and some PG/VG mix from tmbnotes. This should all come this week. I assume these will need steeping and i so impatient i don't really fancy waiting 2-4 weeks for steeping. Its one thing that puts me off the whole DIY process.

I've been researching quicker steeping method and came across ultrasonic cleaners that some claim will steep ejuice to the equivalent of 2-4 weeks in a matter of hours.

I don't know the science behind this and I'm seeing some mixed reviews on this so thought i would get some up to date info from you guys.

I'm looking at the James Products Ultrasonic 7000S on Amazon for £32. It's sat in my basket and I'm happy to spend the money "if" it works but obviously that money could bet better spend if this is just a hog wash!

Anyone know if this process actually does speed up the steeping time and bring our the flavors.

Thanks guys

You can ask 100 people and get 100 different answers. It's a rather subject thing.

For me, it works well. I originally used a cheap, unheated, lower powered ultrasonic cleaner to steep liquids, it didn't work at all. Ended up using it to clean RDAs and tanks.

When that one day went pop, I ordered a more expensive one, quite powerful and heated, now that is a different animal. Done a few tests and found 55° on full power for a 30 mins cycle equates to around 1/2 days dark cupboard steep depending on liquid.

Now I ultrasonic for 30 mins at 55°, mix using a milk frother for a few minutes then leave to cool. Repeat until happy. Only do this though when required, I have enough liquid made up now that can leave fresh liquids for several months before required, which, ultimately, is the best way.

This does work, but as with all shortcuts there is a payback, and in the case of eliquid it's a reduced lifespan and some change of flavour, so don't make up too much.

depends what you mean by 'work' .. it will warm and agitate ..... it's not however a time machine.

I plan to only make 60ml of each flavor which will total 600ml as a test to see if i like the flavors..

Would you say using warm water work work in a similar fashion as a heated cleaner, given the one i mentioned has a 10min limit. More hassle i guess but don't want to spend fortunes.

depends what you mean by 'work' .. it will warm and agitate ..... it's not however a time machine.

Well that's disappointing...I was going to get a big one...put the wife in it...and send her back to her maw

Wait hold the phone .....you mean I won't be able to mess with the time travel continuum with an ultrasonic cleaner ??

I plan to only make 60ml of each flavor which will total 600ml as a test to see if i like the flavors..

Would you say using warm water work work in a similar fashion as a heated cleaner, given the one i mentioned has a 10min limit. More hassle i guess but don't want to spend fortunes.

If you can stretch to it, get a heated one with a 30 min timer, buying a cheaper none heated is false economy as it just won't do the job.

Wait hold the phone .....you mean I won't be able to mess with the time travel continuum with an ultrasonic cleaner ??

Only if you can get the plutonium required from the Libyan terrorists... Oh and you will need a Delorean, when you add it up, this ultrasonic cleaning works out pricey.

Make up some juices that don't need a long steep time, and vape these whilst the others are steeping, after a while you'll have loads of juice ready to go,

Back
Top Bottom