What's new

Underage vaping crackdown

Bloke on BBC news talking sense just now. Said the 2ml tank limit should be scrapped in favour of a 10ml limit. That would mean 1 pod replacing 5 pods, so less litter.

Actually not the worst article I’ve read on the subject. But the title gives the impression there’ll be American style police raids on vape shops :18:

And generally I’m quite sure the police will do their utmost to provide their typical quality and effective service!

giphy.gif

Hopefully it will reduce illegal sales to those under age. The response from the the vice-president for policy at the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health was rather disappointing as he could have said a combination of cracking down on illegal sales and the targeting of vaping products at kids makes sense.

I`d rather they be talking about control and regulation than bans, so so far so good for me.

a more rounded view of the ban on disposable vapes in Glasgow this comment from potv"s news hound

got to love him

"In addition to the vape seizures, Trading Standards, working with HMRC and Police Scotland, as part of Operation CeCe (Scotland) have also seized more than 778,000 illegal cigarettes and 126kg of Hand Rolling Tobacco in the city since 2021."

shock horror you don't mean illegal fags as in counterfeit or dodging import duty

This afternoon, right outside our vape store entrance, the school kids were hanging out.. smoking (combustibles)...
.. oh, the irony of it all!

(They didn't even try and come in and buy a vape btw)

Back
Top Bottom