What's new

UK Gov To Ban Disposables?

saw this above that's a fast law to bring into force in parliament

yep also read a lot of other things, 8 disposables a second 5 million a week from material focus

sounds horrific

but wait.....wait.....

3.2 million vapers in the UK say half use disposables Round that up to say 2 million so that's 2 million vapers throwing away 5 million a week that's 260 million disposables a year
enough to fill Wembly arena

population of the UK 67million people

Do these figures look a little off.....just a tad perhaps..... and seeing no one asked me (or anyone i know) As a user what I use, how would any survey be correct

Do these figures look a little off.....just a tad perhaps..... and seeing no one asked me (or anyone i know) As a user what I use, how would any survey be correct

from here: https://www.materialfocus.org.uk/pr...g-to-the-growing-e-waste-challenge-in-the-uk/

(this is from july last year but explains how they come up with the figures)

Research – The research was conducted by Opinium. The sample size was 4,000 UK adults aged 18+ and research was run from 17th to 19th May 2022. Results were sent to a nationally representative sample and are also weighted to nationally representative figures of age, gender and region (taken from the ONS) to further ensure a nationally representative makeup.

This pisses me off (in bold) -

Stating that they are aimed at children like it's a fact, when it is not...

it is a fact that they’ve been marketed at children quite a bit. all that tik tok stuff etc.

and the picachu and soft toy material disposables pictured in the other thread don’t look like something most adults would walk about with outside. so i reckon there’s some truth to it :)

This pisses me off (in bold) -

Stating that they are aimed at children like it's a fact, when it is not...

Not stating that it's a fact at all.

It's stating that the government concluded that it is a fact.

The current government concludes a lot of things are facts that are actually blatantly bollocks.

it is a fact that they’ve been marketed at children quite a bit. all that tik tok stuff etc.
and the picachu and soft toy material disposables pictured in the other thread don’t look like something most adults would walk about with outside. so i reckon there’s some truth to it :)
Hmm... those "toy aspect" products you have posted are not the norm (at all).. I've never seen one in the flesh... (unlike Elf Bars etc in every supermarket and convenience store)

I agree that the toy aspect marketing is completely irresponsible, but you have used an extreme example of a disposable there... (and already illegal anyway)

Not stating that it's a fact at all.
It's stating that the government concluded that it is a fact.
The current government concludes a lot of things are facts that are actually blatantly bollocks.
Yep, hence pisses me off more!

Hmm... those "toy aspect" products you have posted are not the norm (at all).. I've never seen one in the flesh... (unlike Elf Bars etc in every supermarket and convenience store)

I agree that the toy aspect marketing is completely irresponsible, but you have used an extreme example of a disposable there... (and already illegal anyway)

what about all the tik tok stuff, freebies and suchlike? the regular disposables have definitely
been marketed at youngsters. and they have specific selling points that appeal to them. i can see how the gov came to that conclusion, whether i agree with it or not.

Back
Top Bottom