What's new

UK TO BAN DISPOSABLE VAPES

EveryDayVape

Ministers are reportedly poised to ban single-use vapes in the UK, following calls from councils, leading paediatricians, and public waste campaigners to make selling the disposable devices illegal on health and environmental grounds.0 However, leading doctors and councils have welcomed reports that ministers are preparing to ban single-use vapes, but others have expressed fears that a ban could lead to a "flood" of illegal products on the market. Material Focus, an environmental charity, is worried that a ban could lead to "hard to control illegal sales and an established illegal vape market." Councils in England and Wales have called on the government to ban the sale of single-use vapes by 2024 on both environmental and health grounds.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/sep/11/ban-on-single-use-vapes-in-uk-could-be-imminent

They should never have been 'a thing' in the first place, wasteful, expensive, plastic, disposable junk that somehow people were persuaded were needed in the market.

If it does lead to a flood of of illegal products then they'll have to do something about it. ... stop people importing this trash into the UK.

You cannot ban people from wanting easy solutions. We all know the downsides from the avalanche of waste these things cause as well as their attractiveness to children which we all deeply dislike.

As well as banning them, I think it’s really important to understand what makes people pick these things up.

The number of times I have set people up with a really easy vape setup which is so simple to maintain and yet as soon as the juice runs out, the battery runs flat or it starts tasting burnt and they need a new coil most of the time they can’t remember what they were told about maintaining it and they want an instant solution.

The way they think of it, the fastest and simplest solution they can see is to either buy a packet of ciggies or buy a disposable. If they have to spend time figuring out what coils they need and where to get it, or what kind of juice they have to buy, far too often they just won’t put in the time to do that.

Pods like the Efra are the closest thing that gives them an easy way to vape. However, one thing I would like manufacturers to think about is standardising pods in the same way device manufacturers are using USB-C as the standard now for phones.

With a full pod people get a new tank of juice and a new coil every time so if we could get to a situation where people can easily find a pod to fit their vape wherever cigarettes are being sold that could make a huge difference.

The number of times I have set people up with a really easy vape setup which is so simple to maintain and yet as soon as the juice runs out, the battery runs flat or it starts tasting burnt and they need a new coil most of the time they can’t remember what they were told about maintaining it and they want an instant solution.

The way they think of it, the fastest and simplest solution they can see is to either buy a packet of ciggies or buy a disposable. If they have to spend time figuring out what coils they need and where to get it, or what kind of juice they have to buy, far too often they just won’t put in the time to do that.

I think that you are probably correct in what you say.
I am an ex pipe smoker. Part of that was the many rituals involved with pipe smoking - choosing your tobacco for that day (or even just that smoke) - there are literally hundreds of pipe tobaccos. Preparing the tobacco - cutting (if it is a rope), rubbing out flake or just simply drying it. Choosing which pipe to use etc.
Because of this, some of the things that appealed to me about vaping was mixing my own liquids, making coils, choosing which mod and tank - experimenting! This is now all part of the ritual of vaping for me and as enjoyable as the actual vaping itself.

I think that you are probably correct in what you say.
I am an ex pipe smoker. Part of that was the many rituals involved with pipe smoking - choosing your tobacco for that day (or even just that smoke) - there are literally hundreds of pipe tobaccos. Preparing the tobacco - cutting (if it is a rope), rubbing out flake or just simply drying it. Choosing which pipe to use etc.
Because of this, some of the things that appealed to me about vaping was mixing my own liquids, making coils, choosing which mod and tank - experimenting! This is now all part of the ritual of vaping for me and as enjoyable as the actual vaping itself.

I tried a pipe once in my teens, almost 50 years ago now, almost blew my head off. :)

Since I've been vaping I've had lots of fun learning how to mix my own juices, play around with coils and build the deck in my RTA's which is a big part of the enjoyment.

I tried a pipe once in my teens, almost 50 years ago now, almost blew my head off. :)

You probably inhaled it like a cigarette - which would blow your head off! Pipe tobacco is not really meant to be inhaled :D

For a change I fully support this I hate disposables they're extremely wasteful and just give the whole industry a bad name with the litter caused I really don't understand why well known vape businesses are selling them it just gives people who are anti vaping more fuel to use against us.

You probably inhaled it like a cigarette - which would blow your head off! Pipe tobacco is not really meant to be inhaled :D

Got it in one. :sick: I could have done with you when I was coughing my guts up and my face was turning pizza coloured. :8:

For a change I fully support this I hate disposables they're extremely wasteful and just give the whole industry a bad name with the litter caused I really don't understand why well known vape businesses are selling them it just gives people who are anti vaping more fuel to use against us.
I totally agree with you mate. With the climate the way it is disposable’s should never have been allowed on to the market in the first place. the same applies to those pre-filled disposable pods with fixed coils or whatever they are, basically it’s all because people are too lazy to refill or pop a new coil in.

Back
Top Bottom