What's new

Disposable Vapes To Be Banned

Toby iVapour

Vendor
May as well start a new thread as -
Disposable vapes to be banned for children's health, government says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68123202
The ban is expected to be introduced across the UK, the government said.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak is expected to explain the plans during a visit to a school on Monday.
Health Secretary Victoria Atkins told the BBC she was confident the new bill would pass Parliament by the time of the general election - expected to be this year - with it coming into force in early 2025.

Once the timing is confirmed, retailers will be given six months to implement it.

The bill could be brought in using existing legislation designed to protect the environment.

And also flavour restrictions -
The latest changes would also introduce powers to stop refillable vapes being sold in a flavour marketed at children and to require that they be produced in plainer, less appealing packaging.

The government will also be able to mandate that shops display refillable vapes out of sight of children and away from other products they might buy, like sweets.

A further public consultation will take place to decide which flavours should be banned and how refillable vapes will be sold, the government said.

As expected, next up will be what they do with flavours and how refillable vapes will be sold which may be more worrying.

From memory going back to the TPD days it's the MHRA who have to approve flavours for sale so perhaps they need to decide if a flavour is clearly targeted at children, such as naming flavours after childrens sweets or cartoon/TV characters, and then not be granting approval for them to go on sale.

I said in a thread ages ago its NOT the flavours that are the reasons behind the talk about youths being enticed. I can go to any supermarket and choose between tons of different flavoured gins. I'm 63yrs old and vaped for nearly 10yrs and never bought a tobacco flavoured eliquid. I favour sweet and fruit flavours.

From memory going back to the TPD days it's the MHRA who have to approve flavours for sale so perhaps they need to decide if a flavour is clearly targeted at children, such as naming flavours after childrens sweets or cartoon/TV characters, and then not be granting approval for them to go on sale.
I dont think their input will have any effect. If our government or any other government for that matter want to ban flavours they will go ahead and do it irrespective who opposes it.

I dont think their input will have any effect. If our government or any other government for that matter want to ban flavours they will go ahead and do it irrespective who opposes it.

I think somewhere it was mentioned that they are going to start another public consultation about flavour bans. It may end up making no difference whatsoever but I'm in favour of trying to get as many vapers to respond as possible to at least try and head off the worst of the measures they might be considering.

Back
Top Bottom