What's new

Flavour Ban?

It's quite complicated... (maybe that's why there is some confusion going on about it in this thread)

Nicotine is the addictive substance, but the hand-to-mouth oral fixation, and even seeing smoke or vapour exhaled, are all connected to the enjoyment and habit of smoking (these are also associated with the user's relaxation, concentration etc, or association with).

That's why people who cut down and give up nicotine quite often continue to vape (at least for a while, or longer) using zero nic. They are not addicted to nicotine anymore, but enjoy the ritual and association with what they felt while smoking (but using zero nic).

Yes, but that fave bloo slushy from Bloo Slushy Supreme Vapes gives those bloo slushy lovers the maximum possible enjoyment from vaping.. and no other flavour hits the spot... 😉

but what we were talking about was the act of smoking, i.e. inhaling smoke from a burning substance. i think @vapervince started it with his talk of tea leaves and bed fluff.

Were (any) alcopops ever banned?
I know there was talk about it at some point, but I don't recall any specific legislation applied to alcopops...

There were increased taxes and legislation for manufacturers (all marketing and branding as far as I know) Newspapers were shouting about them being targeted at kids.

Do you remember the Little Lemon man on Hooch? They took that off.

"We think that the creation of alcopops was a pretty cynical attempt to recruit young drinkers who don't naturally like the taste of alcohol by tempting them with flavours more likely to be found in soft drinks," - Alcohol concern.

It was pretty much the same arguments and justification, so I think it is worthy of comparison.

I also think the vape industry has had plenty of time to react and change their practices. People have been banging on for years about dodgy packaging and suspect marketing... but as always they won't do anything until they are forced to.

the alcohol industry polices itself about marketing and suchlike and has an independent body that investigates complaints and takes action when it upholds them. we’ve discussed this before on here.

i think a similar vape industry initiative would have it’s work cut out for it 🤣

the alcohol industry polices itself about marketing and suchlike and has an independent body that investigates complaints and takes action when it upholds them. we’ve discussed this before on here.

i think a similar vape industry initiative would have it’s work cut out for it 🤣

We weren't importing little plastic bottles of alcohol from China with cartoon space aliens on the front either and having our streets littered with them.

maybe it's not a very good comparison really... but all this does remind me of it.

There were increased taxes and legislation for manufacturers (all marketing and branding as far as I know) Newspapers were shouting about them being targeted at kids.

Do you remember the Little Lemon man on Hooch? They took that off.

"We think that the creation of alcopops was a pretty cynical attempt to recruit young drinkers who don't naturally like the taste of alcohol by tempting them with flavours more likely to be found in soft drinks," - Alcohol concern.

It was pretty much the same arguments and justification, so I think it is worthy of comparison.

I also think the vape industry has had plenty of time to react and change their practices. People have been banging on for years about dodgy packaging and suspect marketing... but as always they won't do anything until they are forced to.

The alcohol and tobacco industry were dodgy with marketing back in the day and had to be forced into action by law...blah blah blah...all we are seeing is the same thing with vaping, no industry is really capable of policing itself, money, greed, power and control makes people do some crazy stuff.

The alcohol and tobacco industry were dodgy with marketing back in the day and had to be forced into action by law...blah blah blah...all we are seeing is the same thing with vaping, no industry is really capable of policing itself, money, greed, power and control makes people do some crazy stuff.

i don’t think there’s been any laws about alocopops apart from some changes to the tax for certain percentages. because the alcohol industry is no daft, saw what was happening and regulated itself to prevent it.

even now with what is going on i don’t think we hear a peep about marketing, self regulation etc. just a bunch of 50 year olds up i n arms that their unicorn milk, gummy bear and spongebob disposables might get banned.

i don’t think there’s been any laws about alocopops apart from some changes to the tax for certain percentages. because the alcohol industry is no daft, saw what was happening and regulated itself to prevent it.

even now with what is going on i don’t think we hear a peep about marketing, self regulation etc. just a bunch of 50 year olds up i n arms that their unicorn milk, gummy bear and spongebob disposables might get banned.

It would appear to be that they all sign up to this self reg body...but chance it every now n then.... https://www.portmangroup.org.uk/icp/

it’s exactly what they do. but they know when to
chance it, and they back down when they get a tellin. they’re no daft. no cunt was sending petitions to parliament to debate taking the wee lemon wi googly eyes off the hooch bottles. :)

Aye they seem shit scared of the Portman group, this is from 1997 https://www.designweek.co.uk/issues/24-july-1997/alcopop-bottles-hit-by-government-ban/

The gov must be looking at all this spongebob stuff and be going naw naw naw....were having that soon

Back
Top Bottom