What's new

Flavour Ban?

I suppose you could draw the same conclusion for alkies or narcs, an addiction is an addiction.

yes, the addiction is nicotine, not bloo slushy flavour concentrate. it will still be widely available.

If the addiction was purely to nicotine why do we hear stories of WW2 soldiers smoking tea leaves or prisoners shaving their blankets?

so what is it you think they are addicted to?

The act of smoking. That's why vaping is so effective because it mimics the act of smoking.

no, that’s a nonsense. do you really think it?

if it was true nobody would spend the money on fags. they would just smoke sawdust, tea leaves, dried basil etc.

Of course I think it is otherwise I wouldn't have said it. If it's pure nicotine addiction then gums and patches would be as effective as vaping but they arn t. Holding something in your hand, the act of putting it to your mouth an inhaling and blowing vapour out mimics that of a normal cigarette.

Even you Zou, pedant of the highest order, must see this.

Multiple quotes for clarity but I'm lost too... (sorry if I missed anything)

If you aren't addicted to nicotine and just addicted the 'act' then what's stopping you continuing to do that?

If it's the act, then you can just vape a VG/PG mix and save a bunch of money.

Right? .. what am I missing here.

A flavour ban isn't going to stop anyone getting that 'hand to mouth' smoking-like experience though is it?

That's the point.
No it isn't but I thought this was about the government imposing a ban on flavoured eliquids.

If you aren't addicted to nicotine and just addicted the 'act' then what's stopping you continuing to do that?

If it's the act, then you can just vape a VG/PG mix and save a bunch of money.

Right? .. what am I missing here.
I've never said I would go back to smoking. If there are no flavours I'd vape pgvg, if no nicotine I'd vape zero nic.

I think the gist Si is that Zou thinks the flavour ban should make no difference because you`ll still be able to get your nic hit, my argument is that vaping is more than just a nic hit, which I think was also the opinion of Rich. Notwithstanding the foregoing crossing swords with Zou is an excellent way to pass an hour in an otherwise boring afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom