What's new

Flavour Ban?

But they don't care because youth drinking is declining.

When it wasn't (when I was a teen) and we were all going out to clubs and getting wasted on the seafront every week they took action against alco-pops and it was the same stuff in the papers every week like with vaping now.
So we have the alcohol industry that produce and promote tons of different flavoured ciders etc for over 18's. We have the vaping industry doing the same with vaping for over 18's. Why is one acceptable and the other isn't?

But they don't care because youth drinking is declining.

When it wasn't (when I was a teen) and we were all going out to clubs and getting wasted on the seafront every week they took action against alco-pops and it was the same stuff in the papers every week like with vaping now.

To make that clear:

It's not the flavours the government has a problem with.

I'm sure they would say some crap like "Over the last 14 years people have learned to drink responsibly, thanks to the continued efforts and campaigns of the government blah blah"

Therefore we can enjoy (responsibly) all these delicious flavoured alcoholic drinks.

The government doesn't care about the flavours in vaping, it cares about kids vaping, youth vaping and the rise of both. It cares about the disposables mess, the crates of illegal dispoables in the docks and the stupid pakaging.

They know they've fucked up, Mum's are getting angry, so they've said "We are going to deal with this, by doing this, this and this"

The idea that a few smokers here and there might lose thier favourite flavour and start smoking again isn't even a thing.... it's not even part of the conversation.

To make that clear:

I'm sure they would say some crap like "Over the last 14 years people have learned to drink responsibly, thanks to the continued efforts and campaigns of the government blah blah"

Therefore we can enjoy (responsibly) all these delicious flavoured alcoholic drinks.

The government doesn't care about the flavours in vaping, it cares about kids vaping, youth vaping and the rise of both. It cares about the disposables mess, the crates of illegal dispoables in the docks and the stupid pakaging.

They know they've fucked up, Mum's are getting angry, so they've said "We are going to deal with this, by doing this, this and this"

The idea that a few smokers here and there might lose thier favourite flavour and start smoking again isn't even a thing.... it's not even part of the conversation.
I don't think it's anything to do with underage vapers, the mess or any other reason given.
It's all about the money.

To make that clear:

I disagree. The government DO have a problem with flavours otherwise they wouldn't be trying to ban every flavour other than a couple. If they wanted to try and reduce youth vaping then enforce the current laws and penalise those selling vapes to youths. A £100 fine will do no good at all.

The act of smoking. That's why vaping is so effective because it mimics the act of smoking.

no, that’s a nonsense. do you really think it?

if it was true nobody would spend the money on fags. they would just smoke sawdust, tea leaves, dried basil etc.

So we have the alcohol industry that produce and promote tons of different flavoured ciders etc for over 18's. We have the vaping industry doing the same with vaping for over 18's. Why is one acceptable and the other isn't?

It's not about one or the other being 'acceptable' It wasn't that long ago the gov were more than happy for Dinner Lady Lemon tart to be sold in ASDA. All flavours of e-liquid were completely acceptable for adult vapers.

I know you are just playing devils advocate here but you know the government didn't wake up and go "We don't think it's acceptable for adult vapers to have a pear drop flavour any more"

It has nothing to do with what's happening. The government 'solution' is not the government 'problem' ... the banning of flavours isn't about the flavours. So the comparison to the alcohol industry isn't relevent. It's about as relevaent as the range of air freshener smells available.

I don't think it's anything to do with underage vapers, the mess or any other reason given.
It's all about the money.

if that’s the case, then why would they not just leave it as it is and levy a tax? restricting flavours would restrict the tax intake, if you believe the argument being made.

no, that’s a nonsense. do you really think it?

if it was true nobody would spend the money on fags. they would just smoke sawdust, tea leaves, dried basil etc.
Of course I think it is otherwise I wouldn't have said it. If it's pure nicotine addiction then gums and patches would be as effective as vaping but they arn t. Holding something in your hand, the act of putting it to your mouth an inhaling and blowing vapour out mimics that of a normal cigarette.

It's not about one or the other being 'acceptable' It wasn't that long ago the gov were more than happy for Dinner Lady Lemon tart to be sold in ASDA. All flavours of e-liquid were completely acceptable for adult vapers.

I know you are just playing devils advocate here but you know the government didn't wake up and go "We don't think it's acceptable for adult vapers to have a pear drop flavour any more"

It has nothing to do with what's happening. The government 'solution' is not the government 'problem' ... the banning of flavours isn't about the flavours. So the comparison to the alcohol industry isn't relevent. It's about as relevaent as the range of air freshener smells available.
I must be missing the point here. Not playing devil's advocate, I genuinely cant see how the government can proceed with a flavour ban on the grounds of youth vaping.

Back
Top Bottom