What's new

Flavour Ban?

it’s not going to have a big effect on me. for it to make anybody go back to smoking fags is madness in my opinion.

As I vape NETs it shouldn't affect me but I can't speak as to what others may do if flavour restrictions mean they are left with a choice of flavours they don't like. In any case why should they be even put in that position just because of illegal underage sales.

it’s not going to have a big effect on me. for it to make anybody go back to smoking fags is madness in my opinion.
An awful lot of madness out there, and closer to home than I would have expected.

Case in point: My ex messaged me yesterday that the local vape shop didn't have her preferred juice in stock and they haven't had it for around a week. I asked what brand and flavour she was vaping and sent her a link within a few minutes to Vape Club where she could order what she needed with free next day delivery. Told her to go buy a disposable from the garage to see her thru until today when her order will arrive. Her response was that the same flavour, but different brand, in the garage disposables were too sweet and "disgusting", as were all the others that were available, so she was smoking a fag instead. Promptly called her a twat and left her to it. But fuck me, what a mentality; my favourire juice is out of stock, so instead of sucking it up and vaping something else until I can get some more, I'll just smoke.

Unfortunately, if the restrictions end up being draconian, I can see a scenario where a lot of people will go back to smoking, as stupid as it may be.

An awful lot of madness out there, and closer to home than I would have expected.

Case in point: My ex messaged me yesterday that the local vape shop didn't have her preferred juice in stock and they haven't had it for around a week. I asked what brand and flavour she was vaping and sent her a link within a few minutes to Vape Club where she could order what she needed with free next day delivery. Told her to go buy a disposable from the garage to see her thru until today when her order will arrive. Her response was that the same flavour, but different brand, in the garage disposables were too sweet and "disgusting", as were all the others that were available, so she was smoking a fag instead. Promptly called her a twat and left her to it. But fuck me, what a mentality; my favourire juice is out of stock, so instead of sucking it up and vaping something else until I can get some more, I'll just smoke.

Unfortunately, if the restrictions end up being draconian, I can see a scenario where a lot of people will go back to smoking, as stupid as it may be.

it is stupid, indeed. we can be sure the government is not going to legislate in a way that accommodates the infantile mentality of people that throw their dummy out the pram if they get their correct bloo zlushee. you can be sensible about it or take a strop, i suppose. :)

As much as us ex smoking vapers believe we are done with tobacco I think the brain is hard wired to depend on something. I vape @ 3mg and sometimes zero nic but I wouldn`t like to have to pack vaping in altogether, I like to think that I wouldn`t go back to smoking, but I wouldn`t like to be put in that position.

it is stupid, indeed. we can be sure the government is not going to legislate in a way that accommodates the infantile mentality of people that throw their dummy out the pram if they get their correct bloo zlushee. you can be sensible about it or take a strop, i suppose. :)
I suppose you could draw the same conclusion for alkies or narcs, an addiction is an addiction.

As I vape NETs it shouldn't affect me but I can't speak as to what others may do if flavour restrictions mean they are left with a choice of flavours they don't like. In any case why should they be even put in that position just because of illegal underage sales.
there are plenty of things i like that i cannot have. that is just how things are. unless you have the mentality of a petulant child i would guess you just do something different.

there are folk who have actual real struggles in life, i would say not being able to buy NETs or rainbow candy floss flavour are pretty low on the scale.

As much as us ex smoking vapers believe we are done with tobacco I think the brain is hard wired to depend on something. I vape @ 3mg and sometimes zero nic but I wouldn`t like to have to pack vaping in altogether, I like to think that I wouldn`t go back to smoking, but I wouldn`t like to be put in that position.

Over the years some of my favourite liquids have been discontinued and companies have gone under that made some of them... I didn't go back to smoking, you just find something else to vape.... it's something most vapers have had to deal with already.

Likewise I wouldn't go back to smoking if I had to find another tank to use other than the corolla.

If people want to smoke then they will. I don't love mint vapes but if that's all there was I'm sure I would get used to it. We all know what smoking tastes like... and it's not candy.

yes, the addiction is nicotine, not bloo slushy flavour concentrate. it will still be widely available.
If the addiction was purely to nicotine why do we hear stories of WW2 soldiers smoking tea leaves or prisoners shaving their blankets?

Back
Top Bottom