What's new

Flavour Ban?

But we're talking kids, the speculative figures are skewed, no surprise really.
Definitely...

FWIW, we've not had to be ID anyone for what seems like months...
.. so one thing is for sure, however many under-18s that are vaping out there, they're steering clear of us...

One thing for sure is that 35k signing that petition isn't going to get it done. Poor effort actually

One thing for sure is that 35k signing that petition isn't going to get it done. Poor effort actually

it will be debated anyway because it’s proposed legislation so the petition won’t change anything either way, other than maybe raising awareness of opposition to the plans.

Definitely...

FWIW, we've not had to be ID anyone for what seems like months...
.. so one thing is for sure, however many under-18s that are vaping out there, they're steering clear of us...

Makes me think of my teenage years. We knew which pub we could get served in so we didn't need anywhere else. Kids these days will also find their ways just like we did.

More Data Indicating The Negative Consequences of Vape Flavour Bans​

75% of the participants said that in their opinion banning flavours was likely to lead to an increase in youth smoking.
...the survey found that 90% of vapers also believe a ban on flavours could fuel a black market for the products.
71% expressed concerns that smokers would be less inclined to switch to vaping for smoking cessation
This I find curious -
Meanwhile, about 37% of respondents would support a ban on flavours that appeal specifically to younger individuals, such as beverage, energy drink-style, candy, or dessert flavours.
This I find more & more like some kind of brainwashing propaganda...
What the hell is a "flavour that appeals specifically to younger individuals"??
So for example, coffee is a beverage flavour, but nobody can seriously think that is a flavour that will appeal specifically to youth.

Last edited:

More Data Indicating The Negative Consequences of Vape Flavour Bans​

This I find curious -

This I find more & more like some kind of brainwashing propaganda...
What the hell is a "flavour that appeals specifically to younger individuals"??
So for example, coffee is a beverage flavour, nobody can seriously think that is a flavour that will appeal specifically to youth.

i think your pedantry is blinding you from the wider point.

as for the article i have said this before but the mentality of the respondents is highly questionable. to say you’d go back to smoking if you can’t buy bloo slushee or gummee bear liquid is astonishingly mental.

“pedantry” not meant as an insult by the way @Toby iVapour, i think pedantry is a mostly a good and positive characteristic :)
Well I was like that about the TPD.. when some MEP was going on about what a success the it had been that they had managed to get the European Parliament to change some of the regs to do with vaping (before they got passed into law).. I was stating that in fact it was not...
(but compared to many global vaping regs/bans around the world, and the proposals coming forward in the UK, those compromises were probably actually a good result)

as for the article i have said this before but the mentality of the respondents is highly questionable. to say you’d go back to smoking if you can’t buy bloo slushee or gummee bear liquid is astonishingly mental.
I think I have said this before as well, but it never ceases to amaze me the slight, but wide spectrum of excuses that will drive some people back to smoking...
It's like some people need little to no excuse to start smoking again.

And also to point out the obvious, but most flavour bans around the world have been far worse than just banning "bloo slushee or gummee bear"...

Back
Top Bottom