What's new

Flavour Ban?

many people think they should be banned because of the mess and pollution they cause. trading standards can’t do anything about that.

besides, there is no human right to purchase disposable vapes. ffs people.

Plus the immense and completely unnecessary amount of waste.

many people think they should be banned because of the mess and pollution they cause. trading standards can’t do anything about that.

There wouldn`t be any mess or pollution if they`d have kept on top of it and maybe liased with customs, they`re quick enough to keep the high street clear of hookey Levis, by the time you`ve been home for your readies the bloody shops been cleared.

There wouldn`t be any mess or pollution if they`d have kept on top of it and maybe liased with customs, they`re quick enough to keep the high street clear of hookey Levis, by the time you`ve been home for your readies the bloody shops been cleared.

not sure what you’re talking about. how would trading standards prevent disposables being thrown on the street and chucked in bins and sent to landfill?

Let's just envisage what the future could look like when disposables get banned...

I'm gonna go for a presumably best case scenario -
Disposables are banned.
Flavours are not restricted too much, just the odd one like gummy bears (and bloo slushie!).

All the disposables on the shelves get replaced by the rechargeable, pre-filled-pod replaceable variant. They basically look exactly the same. The price is the same. Some disposable users even appreciate the change and get pods for them going forward (especially if there is an extra say 25% tax).

I'm trying to think of some positives here...
.. but you're still gonna get some that are just too damned lazy.. chuck them when they run out.. and just buy another (essentially treating them like disposables)...

FWIW, our disposables sales are at the lowest they've ever been since they took off (I think we sold just one today), but I presume they are still very popular in the convenience stores etc.

Let's just envisage what the future could look like when disposables get banned...

Disposables are banned.
Flavours are not restricted too much, just the odd one like gummy bears (and bloo slushie!).

All the disposables on the shelves get replaced by the rechargeable, pre-filled-pod replaceable variant. They basically look exactly the same. The price is the same. Some disposable users even appreciate the change and get pods for them going forward (especially if there is an extra say 25% tax).

.. but you're still gonna get some that are just too damned lazy.. chuck them when they run out.. and just buy another (essentially treating them like disposables)...

FWIW, our disposables sales are at the lowest they've ever been since they took off (I think we sold just one today), but I presume they are still very popular in the convenience stores etc.
I like your optimism Toby. The flavour ban will either be overruled or it will go ahead with only 1 or 2 flavours available. Dont forget kids love all flavours except tobacco cause that's not really a flavour and as far as the government are concerned us grown ups only vape tobacco.

Because they would only be sold to responsible adults.

aye, okay. so there will be a responsible adult test people need to pass? the disposables i see littered about the streets here are legal ones and it’s adults that are throwing them at their arse there.

I like your optimism Toby.
I'm actually not very optimistic about the scenario...
I just decided to be optimistic for that post to show that if the government just banned disposables and pretty much left everything else alone, then there could actually be a positive outcome...
(but they won't cos they are the government!)

I'm actually not very optimistic about the scenario...
I just decided to be optimistic for that post to show that if the government just banned disposables and pretty much left everything else alone, then there could actually be a positive outcome...
(but they won't cos they are the government!)
Positive thoughts and positive attitude hopefully leads to a half decent positive outcome.

Disposables are banned.

you are probably right. there is not much that can be done about thick, lazy people. if they introduce some kind of minimum pricing it should be applied to battery containing components, to prevent this.

Back
Top Bottom