What's new

Flavour Ban?

I notice in the first comment, Bogan supports "Only legitimate vapes shops with ID policies should be allowed".. I notice this has also been touted in the US...
I don't think it's right (as I said elsewhere), and I don't know what it would be supposed to achieve...

It's never been suggested (that I know of) that tobacco is only to be allowed to be sold in tobacconists.

I notice in the first comment, Bogan supports "Only legitimate vapes shops with ID policies should be allowed".. I notice this has also been touted in the US...
I don't think it's right (as I said elsewhere), and I don't know what it would be supposed to achieve...

It's never been suggested (that I know of) that tobacco is only to be allowed to be sold in tobacconists.

but tobacco is sold in plain packets with photos of dead people and various horrific illnesses on them. maybe he wants licences venues only so’s vape shops can continue to sell liquid with stupid names in daft cartoon picture bottles and suchlike?

but tobacco is sold in plain packets with photos of dead people and various horrific illnesses on them. maybe he wants licences venues only so’s vape shops can continue to sell liquid with stupid names in daft cartoon picture bottles and suchlike?
you are correct the dangers of tobacco is under plane packaging and dead people's teeth etc etc but if you put plane packaging vaping covered in warnings over nic next to the cigarettes then close the door just like cigarettes are displayed to the untrained person either product is deadly so they may as well just keep on smoking there is no happy medium cartoon characters is over the top but so is plain packaging on the shelf with the deadly partner

edit in the last 2 weeks kids and vaping have gone up in the press from 7% to 9% to 20% to a 3 fold, a third of teenagers its gone crazy

Something will have to change though, vapes contain nic, so do fags, so there's an easy link even for the daftest MP..... You don't see fags next to the bubble gum in B&M's (the shit shop) another easy link for the dafties in Westminster.

you are correct the dangers of tobacco is under plane packaging and dead people's teeth etc etc but if you put plane packaging vaping covered in warnings over nic next to the cigarettes then close the door just like cigarettes are displayed to the untrained person either product is deadly so they may as well just keep on smoking there is no happy medium cartoon characters is over the top but so is plain packaging on the shelf with the deadly partner

edit in the last 2 weeks kids and vaping have gone up in the press from 7% to 9% to 20% to a 3 fold, a third of teenagers its gone crazy
Maybe it`s the forbidden fruit effect, the more you tell them not to the more they want to, or maybe it`s just a coincidence that the press is full of anti vape stories and the vaping rate amongst youngsters goes up exponentially.

in the last 2 weeks kids and vaping have gone up in the press from 7% to 9% to 20% to a 3 fold, a third of teenagers its gone crazy

A 1/3 of teenagers vaping, I don't believe that, add in say 5% (it was 5% in 2018 according to NHS Digital) of teenagers/ pupils classed as 'regular' smokers, that's nearly 4 out of 10 teenagers smoking and or vaping. Not seen it on the streets at least.

Maybe it`s the forbidden fruit effect, the more you tell them not to the more they want to, or maybe it`s just a coincidence that the press is full of anti vape stories and the vaping rate amongst youngsters goes up exponentially.

there are about 8 million 10-19-year-olds so 7% is 560k out of that 7%, 2.5% TO 3.5% are regular users so about 17k in comparison, from the Office of National Statistics

" There was no statistically significant change in the prevalence of Class A drug use for 16- to 24-year-olds when compared with the year ending March 2020 (7.4%, approximately 439,000 people), and the year ending March 2013 (4.7%, approximately 294,000 people)."

so the above is class A drugs used by 16 to 24 yr olds that is 439,000

but how do you get the figures it's not like you can ask everyone? its a selection

depends where you look and read the whole drug vape booze fag problem is just nasty playing into the hands of the tabloids

there are about 8 million 10-19-year-olds so 7% is 560k out of that 7%, 2.5% TO 3.5% are regular users so about 17k in comparison, from the Office of National Statistics

" There was no statistically significant change in the prevalence of Class A drug use for 16- to 24-year-olds when compared with the year ending March 2020 (7.4%, approximately 439,000 people), and the year ending March 2013 (4.7%, approximately 294,000 people)."

so the above is class A drugs used by 16 to 24 yr olds that is 439,000

but how do you get the figures it's not like you can ask everyone? its a selection

depends where you look and read the whole drug vape booze fag problem is just nasty playing into the hands of the tabloids
The tabloids are well known for not letting the truth get in the way of a good story.

Based on what I see and hear when out and about young people like their class Bs', like them more than alcohol and class A. Coke though, some girls do love their coke, much more than the boys appear to. In my town many youngsters are brassic, they aint buying 2 quid pints of beer, let alone class As'. Older men, yeah they love class A, and have the money to do so. But we're talking kids, the speculative figures are skewed, no surprise really.

Back
Top Bottom