What's new

UK Incremental Smoking Ban (Tobacco & Vapes Bill) Starts Journey Into Law

Im looking forward to hearing from Robert West, Linda Bauld and Ann McNeill, who are normally quite balanced on vaping, but no doubt that has all gone out the window now.
It doesn't bode well (according to Snowdon)...
..and a host of prohibitionist academics including Robert West, Linda Bauld and Ann McNeill.
(I wasn't aware they are prohibitionist)

I watched some of it and skipped through some of the afternoon session

but from the start it's on a downward trend "Tobacco and vapes bill" that's the problem vaping or vapes are not never had been are nowhere near in construction "tobacco"

as soon as any none user reads these headlines vaping is as bad or worse than smoking

vaping is being addicted "You're an addict" a drug user with many pointed fingers at you, even though those people drink or may do anything slightly wrong in their own lives but if you vape you are a druggy a smackhead

not one word of harm reduction and very little on how and why vaping needs to be encouraged if the UK wants to be smoke-free by 2030

so there we are tobacco age is to be raised even though it won't make a difference to use for 4 years and vapes are banned...bang can you see a problem i mean you've got to be really dumb not to see one....

i don’t think they are are. i’ve said to you before about paying attention to these tobacco stooge types.

Tobacco stooge types ..lol..

I've heard them say sound things about vapes, but maybe they are pro-prohibition for tobacco... (I don't know)

Tobacco stooge types ..lol..

I've heard them say sound things about vapes, but maybe they are pro-prohibition for tobacco... (I don't know)

they are tobacco stooges. they always attack bauld cause she used to be an adviser to the blair gov on tobacco control.

I watched some of it and skipped through some of the afternoon session
Think my favourite person was Sarah Sleet, Chief Executive Officer, Asthma and Lung UK. She made it very clear the role vaping plays in smoking cessation, especially among heavy smokers.

My favourite moment was the guy from trading standards telling Andrea Leadsom that funding for TS has been cut by 50% in the last 10 years. 😂

On wednesday, we have all the medical bigwigs, should be an interesting insight if nothing else.

Last edited:
I read with interest they have not allowed anyone who actually uses vapes or anyone in the industry to attend

I had a conversation with someone yesterday about vaping and they said “do you still smoke” the general feeling I get is non vapers think all vaping people smoke like trains as well. I told her I used a vape 14 years ago and never touched a cigarette again after smoking from 15 (im in my 50s ) she was shocked and asked a normal question “wow that’s incredible so why ban them then”

Now that is the right question

I read with interest they have not allowed anyone who actually uses vapes or anyone in the industry to attend

I had a conversation with someone yesterday about vaping and they said “do you still smoke” the general feeling I get is non vapers think all vaping people smoke like trains as well. I told her I used a vape 14 years ago and never touched a cigarette again after smoking from 15 (im in my 50s ) she was shocked and asked a normal question “wow that’s incredible so why ban them then”

Now that is the right question
Why am I not surprised.

Back
Top Bottom