What's new

UK Gov To Ban Disposables?

ok so I read the comments and I'm sorry I still think banning is a bad idea.

It will hinder the environmental aspect, yes but it won't stop the bright packaging of juices, candy flavours, and nicotine

what it will do is open the door to the next ban which will be

"My child is hooked on flavored nicotine in his pod system"

"My son won't give up unicorn milk in his regulated vape"

plus there is nothing simpler for a smoker to use than a disposable vape.

I think and stand by what I say

"Be very careful what you wish for"

I cannot see this current government banning disposables before any election.
They have enough on their plate with RAAC, immigration, cost of living, inflation, China, Russia/Ukraine, global warming etc to worry about when it comes to votes.
They are unlikely to do anything that will potentially lose them votes, and not really add any additional voter support.
On the other hand, it is a well known political ploy to try and distract attention to something else just to give themselves a bit of breathing space to try and sort out some other unwholly mess ;)

ok so I read the comments and I'm sorry I still think banning is a bad idea.

It will hinder the environmental aspect, yes but it won't stop the bright packaging of juices, candy flavours, and nicotine

what it will do is open the door to the next ban which will be

"My child is hooked on flavored nicotine in his pod system"

"My son won't give up unicorn milk in his regulated vape"

I think and stand by what I say

"Be very careful what you wish for"

I think it will happen regardless of whether we want it or not, or what we might wish for.

They were a bad idea, Helen saw it, I saw it, Martyn saw it and many others. The company I worked for saw it and stood firm and they don't exist any more as they refuse to go down that road because they believed in the end it would be detrimental to UK vaping as a whole. And yes, it will probably lead to more turmoil and more bans and more job losses and more business going under.

I can't honestly see a way out now though, the opportunity was missed, when even some of the oldest UK liquid manufacturers like Vampire Vape started filling their online retail with hundreds of these things. If they are banned, then I won't have much sympathy. It's all largely been self-inflicted driven by greed... so you know, fuck 'em. I tried and I still believe that if companies like Vampire Vape, Dinner Lady and some of the other big UK names at the time made a stand, educated their customers and potential customers, did social media campaigns across facebook and the like that they wouldn't have even got the massive over saturation and exposure that they did and we wouldn't facing a vape related ban. But they were just like 'nah, mate.. this is gonna be a fucking goldmine for a few years' and they were right, but it wasn't going to last forever and it seems that time has come. There's just too many issues with them for not to get banned eventually, it was probably inevitable.

but

Very little choice in nicotine strengths, so a smoker cannot adjust that to suit their own personal needs and vaping habits.
Very little choice in good tobacco flavours that a smoker might want at first, I'm not sure I would have been able to switch so easily without Manabush and Digbys Oriental Plunder.
No real choice of airflow or wattage, something that I really needed to get a suitable vape for me to switch easily.
Nic salt (can't vape it, neither can my brother inlaw, and other people I know)

So, maybe that simple isn't the answer?

Maybe it is it and I'm some kind of genius for managing to give up smoking with an original nautilus and an i-stick 20? ... and I managed to figure out how to use it before I joined the forum,

I cannot see this current government banning disposables before any election.
They have enough on their plate with RAAC, immigration, cost of living, inflation, China, Russia/Ukraine, global warming etc to worry about when it comes to votes.
They are unlikely to do anything that will potentially lose them votes, and not really add any additional voter support.
On the other hand, it is a well known political ploy to try and distract attention to something else just to give themselves a bit of breathing space to try and sort out some other unwholly mess ;)

i’m not so sure. i think the opposite might be the case. they’ll see this as an easy win, the daily mail readers are up in arms about it. and they will tell us they have saved the children from the horrors of nicotine. who wouldn’t support that?

they’ll also like the idea of getting one up on the scottish gov and capitalising on their momentum by getting in first.

i’m not so sure. i think the opposite might be the case. they’ll see this as an easy win, the daily mail readers are up in arms about it. and they will tell us they have saved the children from the horrors of nicotine. who wouldn’t support that?

they’ll also like the idea of getting one up on the scottish gov and capitalising on their momentum by getting in first.
Certainly, there are sectors that will rejoice in a ban. And if the government were to announce that they had no intention of bringing in a ban (very unlikely) they’d get the right hump.(edit: Whether they’d actually lose any votes as a result of that particular action is debatable)
My point was that if the government did not pursue the legislation prior to any election, they would not lose any votes - Particularly from the the likes of the DM audience who will tut-tut away but still continue to put their X in the blue box like lambs to the slaughter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom